Talk

Advanced search

WE ARE GETTING OUR KITTEN TONIGHT !! WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR HER SO SHE CAN HAVE A GOOD FIRST NIGHT !

(5 Posts)
Summerfruit Tue 01-Sep-09 16:53:34

I'm so exited, dh is going to get the kitten tonight, we have everything we need, just dont know what to expect when she will be here with us ! What should I do to make her happy ?

junglist1 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:54:16

Expect her to escape, for starters! Mine disappeared behind the kitchen cupboard for 3 days, refusing food and everything. My advice is to keep her contained in one room to begin with, then if she does hide you'll know she's not gone IYSWIM.

PlumBumMum Tue 01-Sep-09 22:56:17

Ahh we put ours in a shoe box with a hot water bottle covered in an old wooly jumper

WebDude Tue 01-Sep-09 23:20:53

Yes, she will explore and perhaps come to "investigate" you, but expect her to go and hide at least some of the time.

Mine (not kitten, a 10yo) is so crafty that I am sometimes thinking she is out when she is in but somewhere completely unexpected!

Spero Tue 01-Sep-09 23:22:26

I've had three and they ALL spent at least the first night hiding somewhere, then hopefully he/she will feel confident and come out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now