Talk

Advanced search

Where do we get kittens from?

(11 Posts)
LadyMuck Sat 29-Aug-09 16:01:27

Have previously used Cats Protection League for cats, but they seem to be out of kittens? Whilst I'm happy to wait for a month or two I think that my children will explode (we had postponed looking until after a number of trips over the summer holidays but I think every other family locally has had the same idea).

girlywhirly Sat 29-Aug-09 16:39:33

Look at your local vets - ours helps the RSPCA to rehome pets. Or they may put you in touch with a local animal shelter.

mablemurple Sat 29-Aug-09 16:42:50

There are loads of adverts in Pets at Home for kittens, also try local shops or free paper.

mablemurple Sat 29-Aug-09 16:43:53

If you live in Bedford, I know someone who has several kittens available next week! (not me, I hasten to add!).

SausageRocket Sat 29-Aug-09 16:44:06

a pregnant lady cat

HTH

DottyDot Sat 29-Aug-09 16:46:18

we tried all the RSPCA/cats protection places for weeks when we were looking for kittens - eventually got them from a Gumtree ad blush I think there are still lots being advertised:

gumtree

madusa Sat 29-Aug-09 18:34:52

where are you?

I have one that is looking for a new home

8 weeks old today and very cute

pucca Sat 29-Aug-09 18:37:15

Preloved is a good site....

LadyMuck Sat 29-Aug-09 20:36:12

I'm in South London, but we're looking for 2, a boy and a girl (no idea why my children are fixatated by this as we will neuter).

Seen a couple on Gumtree, so await response - thanks for that tip. Tried all the local shelters bar one (have to wait until Tuesday). We have seen the CPL's single set of b/g kittens, but ds1 isn't keen as the boy was very shy. Have tried to explain that this will probably change, but the girl was very lively and he wants both to be so! Hopefully he will get less picky as we wait. On the other hand I don't want him thinking that he has got a raw deal.

Jux Sat 29-Aug-09 20:54:13

We have twin girls, black, looking for a home. We're in Devon. Anyone?

LadyMuck Mon 31-Aug-09 10:41:07

Thanks for your help on this. We are the proud owner of a ginger boy and a tortie girl kitten just 8 weeks old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now