Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

One of my chickens laid an egg!!!

(9 Posts)
KatieMac Mon 30-May-05 21:55:15

I'm so excited and I had to leave it in the nest until DD could go and collect it "go and check dear, they might have laid one"

She was just as excited as me - she wants it for breakfast

Evesmama Mon 30-May-05 21:57:39

would she be okay eating it?after seeing the chickens and knowing what it is?

just reminded me of when we lived in our first house and i made dp come home from night shift as i was boiling some eggs and i swore i could here one chirping!!!
turned out to be 'whistling' as had a teeny tiny hole and the air/boiling water was making it do so

LGJ Mon 30-May-05 21:58:35

KatieMac Mon 30-May-05 22:00:48

Yuk - that could almost put me off, she knows that egg become chicks and that the roast chicken (we had on Sunday) is the same as Louise and Silkie - without the feathers
She def wants to eat it

Evesmama Mon 30-May-05 22:18:05

well..good for her

happy egg hunting

bossykate Mon 30-May-05 22:27:20

congratulations!

KatieMac Mon 30-May-05 22:28:40

I feel like a doting Grandma.......good job I don't have a rooster!!

KatieMac Tue 31-May-05 20:15:54

No more yet...am I doing something wrong?

scottishmumto1 Wed 01-Jun-05 14:10:16

it takes chickens a while to get into a routine of laying every day. i have 9 hens and sometimes they have days off from laying, so dont worry about it.
and as for thinking there might be a chick in the egg, there is no way if you are collecting the eggs every day. not even if you leave the eggs a few days. i have a cockerel and still witing for chicks, but none yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now