Talk

Advanced search

I have today to prepare for our home inspection

(4 Posts)
LottieDugalo Sun 23-Aug-09 08:11:04

We went on our second walk yesterday, and the home visit is arranged for tomorrow, so I have today to make sure we pass; I love her already and would be devastated if we failed.

We have a secure back garden about 10m x 15m and half grass, will that be deemed big enough, she's a 16 week old collie cross, dp is going to trim the hedges and cut the grass today.

What about inside? It's all reasonably ordered but quite cluttered if I'm honest. Luckily I've blitzed all the bedrooms over the summer holidays. I will dust and hoover throughout today and try to ensure nowhere looks like a bomb has hit it tomorrow grin Are there any inside things I need to make sure we have or don't have?

I've got a few books and have been reading up on training etc (dp grew up with dogs but I've never had one) I fear I sound faintly like a lunatic but we'd all be gutted if we couldn't bring her home.

I'd really appreciate and help/hints smile

seeker Sun 23-Aug-09 08:16:37

Have you thought about where she will eat and sleep? Is there somewhere you can put her if you have visitors you don want her to be boisterous at?

Can't think of anything else!

LottieDugalo Sun 23-Aug-09 12:39:43

Thank-you, I've been cleaning and tidying, I'm quite worried about how fussy they will be, dp says my standards are too high and we'll be fine but I feel all anxious. Thanks

differentID Sun 23-Aug-09 12:51:39

Try and make a safe place where the dc will not approach her. make sure that this is her sanctuary, so to speak. Just relax as well. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now