Talk

Advanced search

Just been to look at the rabbits and guinea pigs and came back with

(7 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 22-Aug-09 16:17:15

cat milk hmmgrin

Dh now doesn't care about getting a rabbit or guinea pig as he wants a dog.

I am getting a new pet but agree with DH that I need to research it properly. Any ideas for where I can get what I need to know on line or a book to buy? DH had a quick look in a rabbit book and it said not to put rabbits and guinea pigs together as guinea pigs get stressed when rabbits try to mate with them. sad

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Sat 22-Aug-09 19:44:47

My cat used to get spooked when the rabbit tried to mate with it! grin

The RSPCA have some fab booklets and they also have rescue animals so you could kill two birds with one stone etc.

Also, they would let you visit and drool over the cutest ones and then pick. Which is always nice. wink

TheProfiteroleThief Sat 22-Aug-09 19:45:57

Shocking how gps dislike being raped by rabbits!

You sound terribly sensible about this, btu I was hoping you had bought a cat bed grin

GodzillasBumcheek Sat 22-Aug-09 19:46:33

? I was told you shouldn't put them together because the rabbit might buck and hurt the piggy.

Having said that, ours have been together (didn't know about the advice when we bought them) for ages and been fine.

GrimmaTheNome Sat 22-Aug-09 19:51:14

[tip. The expression 'kill two birds with one stone' is best avoided when trying to adopt an animal from the RSPCA grin]

TheProfiteroleThief Sat 22-Aug-09 19:51:54

pmsl

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Sat 22-Aug-09 19:56:47

Indeed you should also avoid using the phrase 'have you got an old one, we don't really want to commit to more than five years' blush

(Well I was at uni - fairly obviously I might be getting a job and moving a lot when I was done and I wanted to give an older cat a chance but it probably didn't come out quite right hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now