Talk

Advanced search

what's the best bedding for a house dog?

(5 Posts)
lackenstrand Sat 15-Aug-09 17:21:58

At the moment it's a blanket which clogs up the washing machine with dog hairs.... And she ate the previous duvet type thing. She's in the boot room which gets chilly enough in the winter. What alternatives are there?

GrimmaTheNome Sat 15-Aug-09 17:29:15

Mine has an old acrylic fibre cot blanket. He's not very hairy so I don't know whether that would be any different clog-wise to what you already have.

lackenstrand Sat 15-Aug-09 17:57:26

Well she's a short haired lab mix. Maybe I'm not washing the bedding often enough. But man-made fibre is a good idea as I imagine it's easier to shake out the hairs from it. I just thought natural fibres were better - in general.......Thanks

GrimmaTheNome Sat 15-Aug-09 18:09:46

As your dog has a nice natural fibre cover growing all over it already, I think it can probably put up with the next layer being artificial grin

Lovesdogsandcats Sun 16-Aug-09 22:27:34

vet bed is the best stuff. Labs really need some padding under them, as they are prone to joint pron=bs and cold makes it worse.so an old duvet with vet bed on top.

here :

http://www.petlifeonline.co.uk/Store/Dogs/Bedding/Vetbed-Original-Vet-Bed-Pet-Bedding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now