Talk

Advanced search

Fleas :-(

(4 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:11:53

I got a bit behind with the flea stuff for the act so I know this all is my fault etc. About a week or so I noticed a couple of fleas and straight away went and bought more frontline for the cat. That cleared everything off the actual cat - you cat see her fur is clear, no more eggs etc. BUT they are all breeding in the house. Suddenly they are everywhere! They are all hoping on us when we enter a room. I have 2 babies and they are both getting bites sad

What can I do? I need something baby friendly so no harsh chemicals!

DottyDot Fri 14-Aug-09 19:58:01

I feel your pain - we saw one on one of our kitten a few days ago (frontlined him a month and a few days ago!) and I freaked out - have frontlined him and we use a very strong spray on furniture which definitely isn't baby friendly but is there any way you could spray while you're on your way out for the day? Best to use the strongest stuf possible I think? We use it when we're going out for a day so we're not in the house for the first few hours.

nicknameidlike Fri 14-Aug-09 20:20:01

i dont know if you can actually buy anything non chemical the best thing we have used is a arosol(sp)? can that you take the top of and it goes off in the room you have to leave the room for about 2 hours but it does work ... sorry to say if your kitten has 1 it has 20 they are awful thngs but front lining flea collars and regular hoovering sofas skirtings etc do help good luck

JennyPenny22 Fri 14-Aug-09 20:35:54

hmm. Frequent hoovering may get my arse in gear with my sladdern ways! blush

There seem to be LOADS of them. When I get up in the morning, I find about 20 within the first hour!!! shock

My poor babies have little red spots on them from nasty flea bites! DHs skin seems to react badly to them and he has big scabs etc all over his legs. Nice when we are off to tennerife in a few weeks hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now