Talk

Advanced search

guess where i found my stupid cat?

(13 Posts)
cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:21:37

my cats usually go out the back door but 2 days ago fern decided to go out the front-which was fine.a few hours later we could hear her miaowing but couldnt find her.....

can you guess where we found her?

dippica Tue 11-Aug-09 13:34:38

on the roof, trying to climb over?

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:49:39

nope

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Tue 11-Aug-09 14:04:51

in the dustbin?

PinkTulips Tue 11-Aug-09 14:06:56

head stuck in a down spout?

miowing at the neighbours door?

in the engine of the car?

TheInvisibleManDidIt Tue 11-Aug-09 14:08:14

At your neighbours door? (our youngest aways went to the wrong door when we first got her)

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 14:09:58

pinktulips got it-engine of the car.dumb cat!

we heard her miaowing and couldnt work out where it was coming from,poor thing was stuck on top of the engine so as soon as i opened bonnet she leapt out!ds1 is now scared and wants us to check engine everytime we take the car out!

Flower3545 Tue 11-Aug-09 14:16:27

Not our cat but our next door neighbours once crawled into an observation hole in the wall of our house. Don't ask me what the hole was there for, I've no idea. It was about the size of a letterbox if anyone has a clue, or maybe the council just ran out of bricks wink

Anyway we could hear this cat but couldn't see it and someone had the bright idea to ring the fire brigade.

Bless em they tried everything to get the cat to crawl out but to no avail and they eventually pulled half our kitchen floor up to rescue it. Dh and our neighbour were photographed by the local paper holding the offending creature and I learned to live with half a kitchen for a whilehmm

ClaireDeLoon Tue 11-Aug-09 14:16:35

aww poor thing she must have been so scared - how/why springs to mind though.

Maybe cats are drawn to engines my ginger was always coming in with oil splodges on his head from sitting under leaking cars.

Heated Tue 11-Aug-09 14:17:01

My Dad had farm cats who used to cuddle up to the nice warm engine but were sensible enough to shift when someone got in the car. Shame about the nesting rats who didn't...

PinkTulips Tue 11-Aug-09 14:33:35

it's funny but i've seen about 7/8 cats climb into car engines over the years... no idea why as often the car hasn't been on in ages so it can't be the heat really.

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 14:45:09

no my car haddent been out for atleast a week.she was well and truly stuck-think she got in but couldnt turn around.suprised theres not a cat shaped dent in the bonnet!

exchangeandmart Tue 11-Aug-09 16:43:50

bless her poor kitty! My mother in law has a similar (but worse) story, she couldnt find the cat for 2 days and the poor boy was found in the boot of the car (along with a nasty smell!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now