Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find a Bichon Frise Puppy?

(5 Posts)
Mumsaysno Sun 02-Aug-09 21:11:15

We are looking to buy a Bichon Frise puppy as a family pet. It will be our first dog as neither dh or I have owned them before.

We have looked on the internet but are confused by the adverts as the prices range from £245 to £800. We want a healthy happy puppy but don't know where to find a reputable breeder or what questions to ask.

We are in Derbyshire.

Thanks

SebastianBach Sun 02-Aug-09 21:32:13

Lots of general advice here:

here

Good luck

aGalChangedHerName Sun 02-Aug-09 21:51:38

We are getting our Bichon next week <excited>

We asked the Kennel Club for advice and they sent us a list of reputable breeders (for £5) and we phoned round to see who had puppies.

Hope you find one soon!!

spugs Mon 03-Aug-09 14:31:05

The kennel club have a list of accredited breeders who have litters on there site.

Bichons are becoming very popular so there are a lot of people churning them out! Puppy mills, backyard breeders etc. I have got both my pups (a bichon x and a papillon) through the epupz website but you do need to be very picky as there are a lot of scams!

spugs Mon 03-Aug-09 14:32:47

[http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/psar/display.aspx?breed=6148&area=7 kennel club]] accredited breeders near you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now