Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find a Bichon Frise Puppy?

(5 Posts)
Mumsaysno Sun 02-Aug-09 21:11:15

We are looking to buy a Bichon Frise puppy as a family pet. It will be our first dog as neither dh or I have owned them before.

We have looked on the internet but are confused by the adverts as the prices range from £245 to £800. We want a healthy happy puppy but don't know where to find a reputable breeder or what questions to ask.

We are in Derbyshire.

Thanks

SebastianBach Sun 02-Aug-09 21:32:13

Lots of general advice here:

here

Good luck

aGalChangedHerName Sun 02-Aug-09 21:51:38

We are getting our Bichon next week <excited>

We asked the Kennel Club for advice and they sent us a list of reputable breeders (for £5) and we phoned round to see who had puppies.

Hope you find one soon!!

spugs Mon 03-Aug-09 14:31:05

The kennel club have a list of accredited breeders who have litters on there site.

Bichons are becoming very popular so there are a lot of people churning them out! Puppy mills, backyard breeders etc. I have got both my pups (a bichon x and a papillon) through the epupz website but you do need to be very picky as there are a lot of scams!

spugs Mon 03-Aug-09 14:32:47

[http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/psar/display.aspx?breed=6148&area=7 kennel club]] accredited breeders near you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: