Talk

Advanced search

bella or a catty person

(9 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 15:55:50

or anyone really!

we dont have a cat flap and the other night i couldnt get one of our cats in.i tried and tried and tried ,then had to give in and go to bed.i got up a few times in the night too but she still wouldnt come!eventually in the morning she decided to grace us with her presence.i feel really bad letting her out all night and the dc were really upset with me.i didnt really have a choice but is it ok?will they be ok if they did stay out all night?

wannaBe Wed 29-Jul-09 16:06:21

they'll be fine.

Cats are habitually nocturnal.

I do feel your pain though as before we had a cat flap I used to stand at the back door calling them for ages, and hated having to leave them out over night.

I wouldn't make a habbit of leaving them out but if they don't come home then I wouldn't lose sleep over it either.

cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 16:07:41

ok thankyou.i felt so worried!shes the shyer of the two!

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 18:47:47

Yes, but do their bums still smell? grin

No, seriously, mine sometimes stay out and I inevitably toss and turn while they appear first thing and stroll nonchalantly in...

PestoSoggyMonster Wed 29-Jul-09 19:03:39

Don't worry about it. Cats will do as they please and will invariably reappear at meal-times. Some like to party all night and others are stay-at-homes. Some, like ours, like to mix it up a bit and hence we have now installed a cat-flap grin

K999 Wed 29-Jul-09 19:26:10

My cat is pretty much out every night. I wouldnt worry about it tbh.....smile

cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 21:09:31

bellagrin you'll never forget my cats smelling bums will you! lol (btw no theyre fine now!)

cant put a catflap in as its a (very nice)rented house.i did think about leaving the garage window slightly open but the rabbits in there and im not to sure what she would think about the neighbourhood cats introducing themselves.

cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 21:09:46

smelly not smelling

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:30:48

talented cats wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now