Talk

Advanced search

I don't want to tempt fate, but I think we may be on to something!!! - for Bella!

(3 Posts)
mum2seb Wed 29-Jul-09 09:32:55

Bella, you are a genius! First day of back down to 3 meals, and pup did NO POOS last night!!!! Hoorah!!! A happy dh and a happy household consequently!! I spent 45 minutes out in the back garden last night trying to get pup to deliver, and he didn't, but perhaps he'd managed to do enough on his walk earlier in the evening! I shall persevere!
Tbh, I'm now worried of going back to 2 meals when the time comes! Will he then revert, or will he be more able to eat that much and not poo everywhere?
I had a phonecall from a behaviouralist yesterday (I'd been talking to the vet. nurse when we picked up pups worming tablets, and she said she'd have a word with someone.). So do I go with it, or do you think he really needs it if he CAN manage not to make a mess? Sadly, I am thinking of the insurance side of things - we could only afford the 12 month package, not a lifetime one, and I don't want to rush into anything unless he really needs it. No mess and no whining last night - do you think we might have cracked it (or too soon to say!!??)
Thanks again Bella!

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:03:07

That is wonderful, mum2seb, but I'm definitely not a genius grin

I honestly don't think it is a behavioural issue, and that he will be fine now (with maybe the occasional one-off hiccup, as pups do).

As he gets bigger 2 meals will be fine but at this age his control is limited and his tummy still very small, so he just needs a little extra help.

Please do keep me posted - I'm really happy for you both wink

floaty Wed 29-Jul-09 18:53:21

Brilliant,gosh I am so impressed ,well done ,I wouldn't go with the behaviourist unless you had to to be honest,because you will always have to declare it and it could make insurance difficult in the future

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now