Talk

Advanced search

My Puppy has just discovered.......

(133 Posts)
KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 20:27:45

The dog behind the television grin

He is so proud and he seems to think we just do not understand!

We are watching Beethoven's Big Break and pup keeps going and peering behind the TV and barking, then oming to me, sitting down and looking at the tv, to me, to the tv then going back and barking some more grin

[Sigh] I cannot work out if I am proud of his clever brain letting me know or ashamed that he still has not worked out there is no dog in/on/behind the TV grin

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:30:23

what do you mean, no dog behind the tv?

Mutt Tue 28-Jul-09 20:32:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dragonesque Tue 28-Jul-09 20:33:53

Our puppy discovered socks and shoes, and chewed the being out of both.

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:34:18

my fave programme, mutt

typing one handed in bed with cat suckling on my sweater hence no punctuation

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 20:36:34

Lol - I hope he doesn't decide to get brave and save us from the dog behind the tv - I am not sure he would fit in the gap grin

Bella, I don't think there i a St Bernard behind there - but it is a long time since I last cleaned there so maybe I should check do you think? wink

How is pet Bella?

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:39:11

no change as yet ta missus

cat now playing kill the toes under the duvet. this could end in tears ...

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 20:43:45

grin Mine love that game - it was great when they were kitties and all three of them would jump on me and I would flail around playing the game, then they grew larger and rounder and one of them thought it would be samrt to show the others how to get up under the covers to catch real flesh.... whilst it is still my fav cat game it has taken on a whole new element of fear grin

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 20:46:17

Ooh, bella, do you have your proffesional head on? I wanted to ask you something about animal drugs grin

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:48:44

the one doing it is my crack assassin. she was a feral and wild as wild can be. incredibly affectionate now but a born killer.

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:49:56

will try but am poorly too...

are you offering

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 21:09:06

Erm... no?

<takes sly look around then pulls up sleeve a-la Del Boy>

Anything take your fancy love?

Lol at crack assasin - none of mine were that good, although the tiny female did manage to bring down big birds grin

Ok, drugs, two questions both relating to FrontLine.... there is a bit of back story so it could be long - feel free to wait until you feel better grin

1) is there an element of steroids or something that acts like a steroid in it?

I have a cat who has serious food allergies, plus milk and fleas, and grass.. you get the picture, previously the only way to stop a reaction was a steroid injection but I have got pretty good at managing him now. Anyway he can only eat one brand of food in two flavours and it is rubbish, a supplier recommended I try one last, very expensive, hypo-allergenic food. I did (idiot) and his reaction started up again. I changed to food straight away back to his usual but he kept getting worse. Anyway, I knew it could only be food, he had a fairly new flea collar on, he had not got out, snuck any milk etc but I have noticed, in the past that any reaction tha had taken proper hold would only end when I treated him with Frontline, I had thought it just a coincidence but thought it was worth a last ditch attempt - so, I treated him 10pm at night, by 7am the next morning he was getting better.... (obviously I have removed the flea collar) so... the only thing I can conclude is that something in the frontline is causing the improvement and wondered if there was anything steroid based in it?

2) Much more simple, what happens if you get some frontline on your skin? If you don't wash it off straight away I mean? I mean a little bit not a full syringe.

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 21:19:42

1/ no afaik only insecticide & alcohol carrier. am not a vet as you know but would hazard a guess that the reason the frontline works is it deals with the flea allergy side or that the flea collar is the problem. they are the work of the devil you know.

2. if you get even the teeniest bit on your skin you turn into a mad loon and there is no cure.

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 21:56:55

2, you are soo not helpful, clearly that is not true - look how sane I am... oh, see your point grin

1, no, he def didn't have any fleas, I checked him prior to using it to make sure (as I suspected it would work) I don't tend to use flea collars - I usually use frontline however I do use them once in a while and they have never coincided with a reaction so I don't thnk it is them either... TBH he doesn't really have a flea problem these days as he is now an only house cat, thanks to all his problems.

It is so odd, it has always cured a reaction even if it is clearly a change of food (prior to this he had been on the same type of food for well over a year and nothing else changed before the food changed)

I am driving myself nuts with it, I want him on a better food - at the moment he can only eat two varieties of Go Cat complete blush
Going on the foods we have tried it could be.... milk in them (often not listed) yeast, eggs....none of the above or only in combination with other things.... argh - I hate allergies - I hope that the dc never come up with one!

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:52:05

hills do a special hypoallergenic one - have you tried that? or royal canin?

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 23:07:34

Yes, I have tried hills and royal canin was the one the blommin interfearing supplier persuaded me to try!

Grr, never mind, looks like go cat for my poor pusskins for the time being. [sigh]

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 23:09:31

.. you tried the hills z/d?

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 23:15:52

if it is the one the vet gives then yes, we hav tried lmost every type, it has been going on for about 5 years now - possibly longer. The problem is, each time I try a food I have to have him in tip-top condition first, then shcnge food, make sure nothing else changes, then watch him very closely when I swithc, he gets bloody urine, fur falls out all over him, bloody ears... it is horrid and happens very fast so I have to pick it up as fast as I can before it gets hold and he needs drastic stuff to get him back again.

Then I have to get him healthy again before I can try another... and I hate putting him through it.

The main reason to keep trying is that he also has that thing where his urethra blocks up and go-cat is not the best food to be feeding him for that particular problem.

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:05:51

Crikes - your poor boy sad sad sad

Well done you for managing it so well and trying everything you can <passes gold star to KC>

Am totally gobsmacked that flea collars, which can cause reactions in normal cats, don't upset his skin!

Have you spoken to the Feline Advisory Bureau for any help they can offer?

Well done you <big pat on back>

KingCanuteIAm Wed 29-Jul-09 10:11:49

Ahh, I think his skin is the only thing that doesn't react to things!

We have tried hard with him, it is awful when it startd up, he starts shaking his head and just looks so depressed - like he knows what is going to happen sad

I had no idea there was a FAB (great name grin) I will have a google in a mo!

Hows things at your menagerie this am?

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:15:47

Doesn't always come up under FAB, you may need to try the full name.

There may be a teeny improvement with pet - hard to say if it is just wishful thinking on my part. <fingers crossed emoticon>

For myself, I have decided I am fed up feeling poorly (Bella is never ill) so am officially better now grin

<goes to sit down for a bit>

KingCanuteIAm Wed 29-Jul-09 14:37:51

I will do, sorry I have been out getting pampered grin

Hope you are right about improvement - also very glad to hear you are better - even if it is mind of matter better more than actually better!

bella21 Wed 29-Jul-09 18:49:36

Well, Bella's a bit better, pet no change but no worse and now dd has temp touching 40.

It never rains...sad

KingCanuteIAm Thu 30-Jul-09 16:41:12

Oh no, what a dreadful time for you all sad

Hope some of you at least are feeling better today

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 30-Jul-09 18:28:10

ha ha

our puppy monster gets puzzled by 101 dalmations grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now