Talk

Advanced search

My puppy is growing up...

(27 Posts)
Sherbert37 Sun 26-Jul-09 22:27:09

Just noticed she has lost four front teeth and some of the others are wobbly. She's only had them for about 5 minutes. Now the chewing begins in earnest. She is just four months old and an adorable Border Terrier - but then you all know that anyway!

spugs Sun 26-Jul-09 22:48:58

Mine hasn't any wobbly ones yet! Hes 5 mths.

Sherbert37 Sun 26-Jul-09 22:58:55

I was taken by surprise. Actually thought she had broken one but now that a few are loose / gone can see it's meant to be. She does chew toys a lot.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 27-Jul-09 12:21:21

dogs lose teeth? shock

bella21 Mon 27-Jul-09 13:00:43

<slaps Blondie round the head for lack of doggy knowledge>

Don't worry, oh nanny one, your brute lost his a long time ago. You never find them - they often swallow them, so don't fret grin

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 27-Jul-09 16:10:21

<dodges slap>

children i know, dogs i dont!! grin

tooth fairy didnt come to woofa sad

bella21 Mon 27-Jul-09 16:34:03

Tooth fairy would have to take out a fecking mortgage to pay for Woofa's fangs grin

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 28-Jul-09 09:47:23

pmsl very true smile

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 14:37:22

My pup freaked me out by suddenly having 8 canine teeth at once hmm

Obviously the old ones dropped out in the end but it looked very sore and yuccky (scientific term that) until then!

I think he now has most of his adult teeth but he is only 6 months so it seems bery young... what do you think oh oracle one? (that is Bella BTW wink)

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 16:59:28

You're asking me? Can I take that to mean you do not brush his teeth daily? shock

<chucks XXL Kong at KC's head for appalling negligence>

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:04:38

No, I am asking you if it is very young for all teeth to be through (at least mostly through - ie all broken some not quite full size yet). I am very familiar with his teeth, I spend most days with imprints of them on me wink grin

No I don't brush his teeth daily, probably more like once every 4 days I suppose, mind you he does have all those great things for his teeth - chews/bones n stuff every day if that helps? grin

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:07:19

<chucks kong back at bella with devestating aim> grin

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:07:59

..shame you can't spell devastating, honey grin

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:09:11

hmm

Yeah my slight dyslexia has caused me many problems over the years, embaressment ranks quite high amongst them.

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:12:27

Don't make me feel guilty now...

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:16:14

Sorry, I think making fun of something as silly as a miss-spelled is bad form, pet hate of mine - mainly because I do have a problem with spelling and it does upset me.

Of course I would never normally say anything, which means that the moon and auntie flo must have unexpectedly come into alignment amd caused me to be a beaaatch, sorry blush

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:16:51

or a miss-spelt word even, opps!

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:19:01

KC - you know, surely to goodness you know, I would never ever be spiteful to you?

am really sad that a) I've upset you and that b) you think I'd want to.

It was all in the spirit of general banter. I've been on Shiney's thread and they stuck chewing gum in my hair, ffs!

Seriously, I do apologise.

<proffers evening primrose oil>

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:19:47

x post - there's shed loads of typos in your last post but I have got it zipped!

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:24:04

I know sweetie, don't worry, I am just feeling cross and fragile, sorry for taking it out on you sad

Anyway, what typos? I can only find "amd" and "Opps" I don't think flo and beaatch count.... so go on, lay it on me - I need education grin

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:26:54

I doubt very much you need education. You never make mistakes, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. I'd never mock anyone's disability. That's not me.

Am having a crap time too - one of my pets potentially very very ill and have to go now, but glad there are no hard feelings.

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:31:34

Aww no, who is ill and what is wrong? sad
Hope things are not as bad as you fear.

Odd that you think I don't make mistakes - I have just recently been wondering if I am doing better now, I used to copy into word all the time to check but have not done that for a couple of years now. I re-strated about a week ago and found that I was not really having much to correct.

I know you are not someone who would mock any kind of difficulty, I do, I was just being crap, I'm sorry sad

bella21 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:33:59

You were being crap, but I probably was too.

Vets are baffled - could be life threatening but I don't wanna say more.

Really gotta go.

Laters x

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 17:36:35

Aww, that is really awful bella.

Speak soon x

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 28-Jul-09 17:37:35

<blondie gives group hug to king and bella>

am i meant to brush monster puppys teeth? shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now