Talk

Advanced search

hmmm, what will be best for my dog?

(2 Posts)
BabyDubsEverywhere Tue 21-Jul-09 13:50:34

We got a puppy in May, now he;s nearly 5 months old. Hes a beautiful rottie alsation cross with a fab temperament, hes doing quite well we feel even if he is growning to the size of a pony!

Problem, when we got the dog, I was to be at home all day everyday. In the space of a few months things have changed, i will need to go back to work soon ish. He will be left alone for a few hours, somebody will come check on him, then a few hours latter i will be home. In theory it wll be no longer than a shopping trip at a time he will be alone, but I'm worried about his mental state at being left alone. I will be getting all the toys under the sun to keep him amused but its not the same as company is it!

So question, would a play mate be a better idea? or would that be twice as much of a problem?

Just want whats best for the pooch!

Thanks

Alambil Tue 21-Jul-09 14:00:21

it'll be fine up to 4 hours alone IME/O - so a working day when someone pops in at lunch will be fine... loads of dogs go through it and survive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now