Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me help mum and dad, dog died :(

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 16-Jul-09 12:15:51

My mum and dads beloved dog died this morning, he was old and he was the reason my dad got up in the morning. I havent told the kids yet, but want to do something nice for my parents to remember him by, but no ideas are coming. Anyone??

LilRedWG Thu 16-Jul-09 12:18:30

Oh, I'm sorry.

Do you have a nice photo of him, maybe with your parents, that you could get printed and framed?

A nice box to put his lead, collar and bowl in maybe, along with a special toy or two.

I lost my dog when I was at uni. I still have a photo of her on my bedside table, 15 years later.

Not sure what else, but I'm sure someone will be around with better ideas soon.

Bella21 Thu 16-Jul-09 13:23:09

A tree or shrub?

A donation to Dogs Trust etc?

Sympathies x

beautifulgirls Thu 16-Jul-09 17:08:28

How about a photo book? You can get them made up online easily enough.
It is very hard to say goodbye to pets especially in this sort of situation where the dog has been such a motivating factor. If they are really struggling there are pet bereavement counsellors you can contact to help them too. Your vet should be able to point you in the right direction.
It may be the last thing they want to consider right now and obviously you need to time the conversation right but I would urge you to talk with them about visiting a local rescue shelter some time for a new reason to get up in the mornings. They may not be suited to a young dog, but shelters have all sorts and they will likely find a suitable companion when they are ready.
Sorry to hear of their loss, they sound like devoted owners.

Ladygooga Thu 16-Jul-09 17:12:38

My beloved dog was my mums guide dog and we kept her lead and harness in a special box and I have her pic in my living room. She was wonderful and I still miss her every day 5yrs on.
As she was a guide dog I sponsor a guide dog every year.
I also long to be a puupy trainer one day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now