Talk

Advanced search

DD wants a puppy for her birthday

(4 Posts)
Mamazon Wed 15-Jul-09 14:28:45

she'll be 5 in september and has been asking for months for a puppy.

she wants a small dog. nothing else i have suggested even makes her contemplate anything else.

Im not adverse to the idea as i quite like the idea of a little dog too. it would be good for the children and will help keep them entertained.

the trouble is what dog and where from?

my normal instinct would be to go to a resc ue centre but would i be likely to find a young small dog?

im really not at all bothered about breed, just that it is energetic and good with the children.

fishie Wed 15-Jul-09 14:42:11

aww that is lovely, i always want to be able to say "yes" to can we get a dog but i work ft. it would be best to get a puppy so you get to enjoy that very pesky stage.

i like a nice mongrel myself, are there any local rescue centres? i bet they get pregnant dogs in although of course you wouldn't know what size puppy might appear.

Mamazon Wed 15-Jul-09 14:53:49

i think there's a rescue centre not too far from here. do they ahve catchment area's?

i think that as long as the dog is small enough for the children to be able to play with it without fear of being knocked over it'll be ok.

my only other worry is that im told some rescue centres don't like re homing dogs to families with younger children.

aGalChangedHerName Wed 15-Jul-09 15:40:04

We have bought a puppy for our dd's who are 5 and 3 in August so a birthday present for them both.

We have got a Bichon Frise. Doesn't moult,stays very small and is supposedly a good natured dog. We are collecting her on the 8th of August. Am very very excited!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now