Talk

Advanced search

holiday with dogs

(13 Posts)
imbored Fri 10-Jul-09 15:37:20

hi does anyone know where is a good place to take kids, but also want to take dogs too(2)more of an outdoorsie holiday for the dogs,if i been honest the holiday is more for the dogs(kids already been on holiday this yeargrin

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 10-Jul-09 15:42:38

I just looked at your profile and I have a collie and a spaniel too!

We went to Skegness and were pleased to find that one of the beaches was dog friendly, but may be a bit far for you!
We went to the lake district too which was a good dog holiday, lots of sheep though which was ok but my collie kept herding them across the road!

thighsmadeofcheddar Fri 10-Jul-09 15:43:44

we went to north wales and found the long beaches there fantastic for poochys.
Bit of a hike though..

imbored Fri 10-Jul-09 15:53:50

i love been out with the dogs and love long walks oh and the kids of course grin where did you stay in wales? skegness is a bit far been there with the kids fancy somewhere different.lake district havent been there where did you stay?

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 10-Jul-09 16:00:41

we stayed near Coniston. Some good walks around the lakes. Around Tarn Hows was a good walk.

imbored Fri 10-Jul-09 16:07:31

fruitshoot did you stay hotel,b&b,caravan??

GrimmaTheNome Fri 10-Jul-09 16:20:15

We live near enough to the Lakes to go for the day, there are loads of good walks for kids and dogs. Coniston is nice (great scones at Yew Tree Farm tearoom, near start of some walks through woods to Tarn Hows).

Actually we did stay in the lakes last year because we wanted to go to the quieter northern end - on Lake Bassenthwaite (with dog). Think it was called Bassenthwaite Lake Lodges - google that and there are several companies doing online bookings for it. It had a miniscule swimming pool but I suppose in summer kids could swim in the lake.

imbored Fri 10-Jul-09 16:25:52

Grimma lucky youenvy will have a look now see what google comes up with smile

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 10-Jul-09 16:33:22

we took our caravan and stayed at Park Coppice campsite, weather was wet every day but really nice campsite

loler Fri 10-Jul-09 16:36:29

Pembrokeshire - fantastic dog friendly beaches (lots are National Trust with a good walk to the beach) never gets too busy and loads for kids to do too.

Favourite places are bosherston lily ponds and freshwater west - I want to be there now!

We live in the west mids and it takes about 4 1/2 hours to drive there.

deadflesh Sat 11-Jul-09 17:17:22

We are going here with our dogs. Haven't been before but it looks good for walks.

imbored Sat 11-Jul-09 18:44:41

deadflesh that looks nice, anymore infosmile

deadflesh Sat 11-Jul-09 20:14:10

No sorry - except that it was less than £1000 for two weeks in August which is very good value I think.

Like I said we haven't arrived yet, but all comms have been great so far and I am REALLY looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now