Talk

Advanced search

My cat keeps being sick

(9 Posts)
RorysRacingMa Thu 09-Jul-09 20:02:40

What on earth can i feed him. He has reliably eaten all of his 10 years but earlier this year he started being sick - he was on Hill's Science Plan. So i tried Go-cat same effect. Tried Purina - made by same company so same effect. He has been eating Brekkies for the last 2 months and has now started throwing up again.

Any ideas?

P.s. I did take him to the vet and spent money on flea stuff, worming and having 3 teeth removed but no useful tips re diet.

moaningminnie2020 Thu 09-Jul-09 20:17:08

No advice really but mine is often sick, seems to be related to being greedy and eating lots at once. Always sick if she scrounges wet food off anyone, can't tolerate it at all but can eat most of a pigeon no probshmm

differentID Thu 09-Jul-09 20:26:50

have you tried Iams? Or one of the senior versions of the others?

RorysRacingMa Fri 10-Jul-09 18:52:43

He was on the senior type of Hill's and then we tried oldies Go Cat. I fear it's go and spend more at the vets tho'.

corblimeymadam Fri 10-Jul-09 18:59:03

Message withdrawn

beautifulgirls Fri 10-Jul-09 20:24:50

You really need to go back to the vet and get him checked again - they might be able to offer more help this time. Sadly not everything is fixed first time at the vets, but they are not going to put the cat through investigations and that for a first presentation in most cases either. Maybe this time they can do a bit more to check things out.

nicm Sat 11-Jul-09 12:46:13

you could try royal canin, you can get it from the pet store or the vets. they do loads of different types for every condition! we got it for our kittens when they had cat flu. have you given him fur ball treatment? could it be these making him sick? x

Joolsiam Sat 11-Jul-09 12:59:20

If it is an older cat, he might need smaller biscuits that are easier to digest ? I'd highly recommend the Royal Canin ones.

Is it a full on pile, or is there grass mixed in ? If there is grass in it, he is trying to cough something up (usually a furball) and you can buy some paste to give them that helps them cough it out.

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 13:01:21

I was also going to suggest that it might be hairball related. My cat is sick a lot ATM, he is a house cat though, and grooms himself a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now