Talk

Advanced search

I need massive thoughts and prayers please for Yang

(20 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:03:42

Some of you will remember Yang from when he was shot with an air rifle several months back. Since then he has had one accident after another and aged very much. He is 10. We've been umming & awwing about whether or not to let them out anymore for his sake because I have so worried about him. But we've been letting them out because they cry so when we kept them in. But he hasnt come home since he went out at 11 this morning which is very unlike him and I have been looking and calling him for 3 hours I am worried sick now and feel this is it he has died somewhere and I dont know. I am going mad. I've called local vets and RSPCA etc and the owners of the cat he has fought with and nothing.

BCLass Wed 01-Jul-09 17:06:32

Wishing him home here for you.

Have a ((hug))

I worry about my old decrepit cat every time he goes out (he has a bad heart condition). this would be my worst nightmare about him.

lottarump Wed 01-Jul-09 17:08:16

oh god. keeping everything crossed that he returns safe and sound very soon.

It may help alleviate your fears, i have a 16 year old cat who doesnt like going out, never has but once a year he makes off for 24 hours. no amount of calling and banging of tuna tins will bring him back. i too have phoned vets etc but the next day he saunters back in. really weird but always happens in a heatwave.

hopefully yours has done something similar

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:09:18

I just feel like I am in a horrible dream. Last night he was asleep on my head purring all night and every day I think I dont want to let him out. I shouldnt have. I am frantic.

I think if by some miracle he makes it home this one stinking more time I will never let him out again. I should never have let him out after he was shot. I am so upset right now I just cant think.

lottarump Wed 01-Jul-09 17:12:01

I trhink he is sitting in some shady bush nearby. Have you tried all the food time noises? He may come back once it is cooler. If he does pop outside how long is he usually out? Bet he is asleep somehwere.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:16:36

he stays very very close to home but if I went 2 hours without seeing him I would worry. I havent seen him in so long. I just feel so sick like I know it he is dead and I just cant believe I let him out. I tell you if he comes home I wont let him out again.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 01-Jul-09 17:20:46

Aw, poor old Yang. I hope it makes it home safe and sound. My cat who rarely leaves the house went missing overnight and only sauntered in the following lunchtime yesterday - I have no idea where he was but can only assume he was shut in a garage or something. Thinking of you and hoping Yang is with you again soon.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:22:11

thank you I am so worried. he has never ever done this. What if he has died of the heat. Or been hit by a car. Or in a cat fight. Or been shot again

lottarump Wed 01-Jul-09 17:31:00

do you live in a built up area?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:34:27

no a small village

BUT

mystery!

HE'S HOME

FUCKING HELL WHOO HOO

DH just got home and went straight out and called him hoping he'd respond to his voice AND HE CAME

BUT

Here is the mystery

His fur is freezing cold. I mean he is COLD. Really noticeably freezing cold. SO WHERE on gods green earth has he been since 11.

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 17:40:59

someone do tell me how my cat got freezing cold in this weather having disappeared for 6 hrs

lottarump Wed 01-Jul-09 18:55:41

there we are!! told you ,,so ner!!!

really pleased he came back. bet he has been under some cool bush or possibly in a damp flowerbed or woodland, that would be cool on his fur.

Happy ending though smile

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 19:44:54

yes you were right I was wrong THANK GOD now I have to decide if I can bear to let him out again blush today was a terrible ordeal for me emotionally. I just dont think I'm up to it!

pooter Wed 01-Jul-09 19:50:12

im glad hes back herei xx

CountryGirl2007 Wed 01-Jul-09 20:04:28

Great that he came back but it's not worth the worry/risk. why not build him a run out in the garden so he can enjoy the outdoors but safely?

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 21:39:20

I am going to do a run thing for him & his sister. I just really cant deal with the worry that he will die somewhere hurt alone. He is a very very loved cat we have had his whole life and I just want him to live out his days in peace. I dont know how to build a run for him... I mean we have a massive enclosure already in our garden for our 4 rabbits but I dont have room for a second one. Will think about making roofing the existing one and then putting him out in that the cats and rabbits are fine with each other. Til then I'm afraid they are going to have to stay in.

BCLass Wed 01-Jul-09 22:12:35

Yay - so glad he's back!

hereidrawtheline Wed 01-Jul-09 22:34:35

thank you!!! me too!!!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 01-Jul-09 22:36:08

so pleased your boy is back xxx

hereidrawtheline Thu 02-Jul-09 07:44:47

thanks He and his sister are begging to go out... guess what I'm saying - NO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now