Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get rid of smell of cat's pee?

(5 Posts)
MaryHuff Thu 25-Jun-09 14:46:36

We looked after our MIL's cat four months ago when she went on holiday. Lovely cat, but he decided to mark his territory...by pissing up inside our fireplace hmm. It is a gas fireplace and the area is like a ledge that sits behind inside behind the mantlepiece - therefore VERY hard to get to in order to clean.

So far we have used every spray/solution we can find in the pet shops, and have tried burning it away by putting the fire on for a long stretch. But still the smell lingers, and in the hot weather it is getting unbearable.

Does anyone have any advice on what else we can try? The smell is so bad today that we can't sit in our living room.

Thanks.

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:53:48

You need to neutralise it with your own pee.

Joolsiam Thu 25-Jun-09 15:00:27

I use this stuff - you dilute it in a spray bottle and it is all natural / organic aswell as smelling quite nice Perhaps it would work if you made up a stronger solution and applied every few hours for a couple of days ?

It certainly works very well for me - one capfull in the wash when one of my little darlings has sprayed on clothes works miracles

They do a "hard surface cleaner" and a laundry additive - both excellent

MaryHuff Thu 25-Jun-09 15:04:15

Rhubarb are you being serious?

How the hell am I meant to get my fat arse up the chimney, never mind squat on the little ledge for a piss! grin

MaryHuff Thu 25-Jun-09 15:05:36

Joolsiam - thanks for that recommendation. I will order some now.

(Gotta be better than pissing up the chimney myself, as per Rhubarb's recommendation grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now