Talk

Advanced search

Does your cat "woof?"

(6 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 22-Jun-09 14:26:59

Mine does.

She is definitely a cat and not a dog.

She started doing it when I moved to live with friends and they had 2 cats she was terrified off. She does it sometimes now and sometimes when she jumps down from high places.

TakeLovingChances Mon 22-Jun-09 17:15:05

grin grin this post amuses me!

My DH calls me crazy cat lady because I love cats so much, but no, I've never heard a cat woofing!

Thanks for cheering me up, even though I'm sure that wasn't the reason you created this thread!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 22-Jun-09 17:29:15

Silver cloud and all that...grin

It is just the sound she makes sometimes and it sounds so like a woof! grin

I love my cat.

Have had her since she was 5 weeks old. I know the time and date she was born and DH cames after her in the pecking order. grin

bentneckwine1 Fri 03-Jul-09 15:00:31

My cat makes a real growling noise...I have only twice heard him use it. First time was when he got his tail trapped in a door - he ended up losing the tail at the vet - growled really loudly at me when I was trying to coax him in the box to go to vet.

Second time was when he brought home alive bird that then tried to fly around my kitchen every time he let it go. I wanted to catch the poor bird and release it - cat thought no way am I giving up on my prize!! In the end I squirted cat with water and he dropped the bird and ran out of the room!!

heavenstobetsy Fri 03-Jul-09 15:05:14

one of mine growls a lot - she sits looking out the kitchen window and growls at anything that walks past the house ......idiot

PurpleOne Sat 04-Jul-09 02:56:30

our dcat does this too. every time she jumps down, i can hear an <oooof> sound.

then she shouts and yowls for the kittens and they emerge out of every orifice of my bedroom. one came out of the wash basket this evening!!!

i picked her up from a pg friend when she was 6 months old...and dcat was living with her brother and a bloody great dog!
she was called twinkle then hmm

she never growls though, and is a totally useless mouser/birder and a bit shit at catching flies and ants. now she is being big stroppy mummy cat to 4 offspring who puke and shit everywhere. but she still oooofs when jumping.....and is a terrible wool sucker, esp for fleece and tries to claw my blanket around the house, in the dirt box, in the food bowl. she still sleeps on it as she gave birth on it.

bloody cats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now