Talk

Advanced search

We got our new puppy today!

(11 Posts)
Buda Sun 21-Jun-09 15:11:45

Pic on profile. Her name is Codie and so far she has been very good. We had left a blanket with the breeder and he put it in with her and her sister (the only 2 puppies left) last night so today when we got back (after 1.5 hours in the car with no mishaps!), she peed, ate, drank had a run around and then went and got her blanket and tried to get into a sort of fenced of run area that DH has made for her. It was so sweet looking at her with her blanket!

She has been outside all the time at the breeder's and although she appears curious about inside the house, she won't come in yet.

MamaG Sun 21-Jun-09 15:18:59

Oh <melt> she is sooooo cute! They grow so fast, take lots of pics.

LOL at the YMCA boy too!

Buda Sun 21-Jun-09 16:41:51

Thanks MamaG!

firstyme Mon 22-Jun-09 10:20:02

& if you have'nt already sorted out insurance here a good link I can reccmnd.Pets Insurance Compare

MarmadukeScarlet Mon 22-Jun-09 11:31:50

I had just nipped in to post my own.

What a cutie, I just adore puppies - little warm floppy bundles <sigh>...

Buda Mon 22-Jun-09 12:24:41

Thanks for that link firstyme but we are in Hungary so not applicable.

Ooh - yours is so cute too MarmadukeS!

Our was SO good last night. Didn't cry once. Settled down with her blanket at 9 and we didn't hear a peep till DH got up to check her around 5. No little puddles or poos either.

Wants to chew EVERYTHING though!

doggiesayswoof Mon 22-Jun-09 14:45:03

She is just gorgeous Buda.

Yours too MarmadukeS!

I must get round to posting pics of mine, we've had her 3 weeks already and photos are all still sitting on the camera.

Good to hear you had a peaceful first night smile

Sherbert37 Mon 22-Jun-09 14:50:06

How's your BT doing, Doggie? Ours has just had her 2nd jags. She has calmed down a lot but is now waking every hour or so at night - I am tired!

She has increased in weight from 1.2kg to 3.1kg in two weeks. Vet said this was ok. Trying to train her using treats. She is having a growth spurt and eating everything put before her. Sounds just like talking about babies.

Am having to get someone in to dog proof the garden as she keeps nipping next door.

Buda - your puppy is adorable.

MarmadukeScarlet Mon 22-Jun-09 14:56:07

I want to see pics of all yous cuties! We should start a puppy parade we we can satisfy the puppy broodieness of all and sundry.

Bella is getting hers at the end of this month too...

doggiesayswoof Mon 22-Jun-09 16:39:46

Sherbert mine is doing fine. Still sleeping all night with no accidents but her behaviour is a bit challenging - she never nips DH but happily bites and growls at me and DD - just playing I know but we are hoping to break the habit! Starting puppy training classes this week.

She went from 2kg to 2.9kg in 10 days!

<sorry for hijack Buda>

Buda Tue 23-Jun-09 07:34:06

Another calm night here. She is so good. Very calm. She was awake when we went to bed and yelped a couple of times but then quitened and we didn't hear a peep all night. DH got up at 6 and she woke then.

Loves her food. Started to use treats yesterday to help train her. She is really good at going outside for wees and poos too. Unfortunately we have a large area in the living room which has a huge palm in a big pot and lots of pebbles on the ground and she seems to thing that is 'outside' too and we have had to grab her from there twice! Bloody landlord and his interior designers! DH is going to build a barrier for there today.

No probs with hijack doggiesaywoof!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now