Talk

Advanced search

my cats are MURDERERS atm

(18 Posts)
FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 14:43:45

4 birds in two days. I am not at all keen on birds tbh but the mum black bird is all in a flap and squawing madly.

i never knew the cats had it in them tbh

bumptwitknocker Wed 17-Jun-09 19:03:47

Didn't think ours did, but killed a black bird yesterday. Didn't even bother to eat it, just shook it a bit then looked dead pleased with herself.

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 19:04:44

yes black birds are the taste de jour here too

edam Wed 17-Jun-09 19:07:02

well done those cats. Nice to know if there's a complete breakdown of civil society and zombies invade or something your cats will be OK - even as you starve... grin

peachygirl Wed 17-Jun-09 19:07:26

Ours had a bird yesterday. Strange really, as her taste is usually amphibians (frogs)and reptiles (sloworms)

Remember to praise your cat and give them lots of fuss. They see you as the head cat and if you are cross with them they will bring more and more into the house to try to please you.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 17-Jun-09 19:09:20

I feel for you. Our seven month old kittens are now seasoned killing machines - and worryingly, after honing their skills on numerous birds they seem to be stalking the neighbour's guinea pig now.

JollyPirate Wed 17-Jun-09 19:24:41

My blardy cat has had about 5 over the past few weeks. She kills them then throws them around, sniffs them, licks them, sits on them and generally behaves in far too much of an "I am such a fabulous hunter" way for my liking.

edam Wed 17-Jun-09 23:25:19

I taught my little sister basic anatomy with the help of an especially neatly disembowelled mouse donated by our cats... (NOT that I was a swot or anything* but you know, the opportunity seemed too good to miss.)

* this may be a bit of a fib.

Quattrocento Wed 17-Jun-09 23:29:11

I loathe cats (we have three) and I particularly loathe them when they go on killing sprees - as now.

But they have got new and hopefully temporary names

First Murderer
Second Murderer
Third Murderer

deepinlaundry Wed 17-Jun-09 23:34:43

Sloworms are protected species, by law if found on building site, building has to stop and environmental team brought in. My cat killed 7 last week- he brings them in onto special ' killing mat' by front door. Pointless- I try to save them, he is so proud to provide for us all.

flatcapandpearls Wed 17-Jun-09 23:40:50

Ours are on a killing spree ay the moment, they have 3 bells each on at the moment and fingers crossed no dead deposits today. I did save a very little shrew last night/

Pixel Thu 18-Jun-09 16:42:43

I've tried the multiple-bell strategy before but it didn't work, dcat still caught innocent creatures. He doesn't always kill them though. Last year he brought in several lizards, slow-worms and even a grass snake, an released them indoors which I didn't appreciate!

The other day my mum was babysitting and she was out in my garden drinking a cup of tea. Dcat came round the side of the house purring and generally being as cute as poss. Suddenly mum noticed a wing sticking out of his mouth but when she tried to look he ran off. He took refuge under the trampoline and lay there growling but mum grabbed his tail, making him open his mouth and a little bird flew away unscathed! I bet it was the most relieved little bird ever.

peachygirl Thu 18-Jun-09 17:42:44

depinlaundry good to know someone elses cat has exclusive tastes!!
I think we have had about 5 over the last 2 years.

alisha29 Fri 19-Jun-09 19:39:04

they think they are toys, they dont mean to kill them they are playing.

pickyvic Sun 21-Jun-09 13:48:45

my cat has just left a bird on the lawn for my dog to go and chew......yuk yuk yuk! she ate its head!! (and i nearly saw my sunday lunch again)

alisha29 Sun 21-Jun-09 16:52:36

i take it back my cat killed our hamster!!

Quattrocento Sun 21-Jun-09 18:47:10

Sorry about the hamster!

PurpleOne Mon 22-Jun-09 02:20:58

My Dcat nigh on nearly killed her first born baby...and mutitalted her second born too!
The first born was in such a bad way as she had been chewed <boak> so we put her to sleep.
Second born is still with us...minus a tail grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now