Talk

Advanced search

A 'cure' for puppy mischief?

(8 Posts)
Sherbert37 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:02:21

Was advised by a friend to squirt my puppy quickly with water and say 'no' when she starts nipping ankles ot biting trousers. Just a little squirt, enough to distract her. Seems to be working. I use a Jif lemon container. Will see what today brings as it is raining and it is much more difficult to entertain her inside.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 17-Jun-09 10:04:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NellyNoKnicks Wed 17-Jun-09 10:08:04

When my dog was a puppy I was told to make a short, high pitched shriek whenever he started nipping, worked a treat with him because it shocked him into stopping. The water pistol never worked with him because he absolutely loves being sprayed with water!

Sherbert37 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:11:16

Yes I have to say our Border Terrier is very interested in the Jif lemon bottle so I will need to hide it. Glad you are not saying I am being cruel!

NellyNoKnicks Wed 17-Jun-09 10:17:22

Maybe if you used a pressure hose you would be considered cruel! Good luck with the training though

Sherbert37 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:19:19

The pressure hose did cross my mind as she disappeared into my grumpy neighbour's garden for the umpteenth time yesterday...

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 17-Jun-09 10:19:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NellyNoKnicks Wed 17-Jun-09 10:27:25

Thats hilarious! Beats chasing a smelly, wet dog around the bathroom i suppose and obviously de-hairing the plughole

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now