Talk

Advanced search

anyone know someone whose horse NEEDS rugs,

(9 Posts)
bishboschone Sun 14-Jun-09 14:34:03

My pony died 2 years ago and I have a selection of rugs to fit a 14.2 pony/horse. They are mostly 5ft6 some 5ft 9. I would like to give them to someone whose horse NEEDS them (obv not in the summer) . I cant find a local sanctuary who is interested. They all want them to sell, (i could sell them and send money so not really the point as they are not worth much in money but would keep a pony toasty)
all well maintained and clean..TIA

Doodle2u Sun 14-Jun-09 22:38:06

Have you tried putting this post in the horse section? I think it's called The Tack Room and it's under the In the Club section.

kormachameleon Sun 14-Jun-09 22:41:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 14-Jun-09 22:56:04

Whereabouts are you?

We visit the Only Foals and hOrses sanctuary with lots of ponies.

I can't believe the places actually tell you that they want them to sell, you'd think they'd say 'oh yes thank you so generous' and then sell them when you've gone????

bishboschone Sun 14-Jun-09 23:55:33

west sussex yes if anyone knows a sanctury not too far away then would be happy to make a day out...

will try the tack room...I couldnt find it earlier

bishboschone Mon 15-Jun-09 00:04:50

korma.. so sorry to hear about your horse..yes it is has taken me this long to be able to part with them .Every rug has a memory!. She was old but i had her 20 odd years so two thirds of my life!!

I am adamant I want pony that is needy to wear them as I know if I took them to any local stables they would all be fighting over them and probably ebay them all!!

kormachameleon Mon 15-Jun-09 08:52:33

bishboschone Mon 15-Jun-09 15:33:43

oh thats sad..I lost my other horse about 4 years ago while I was on holiday! No one told me because they didn't want to spoil my holiday but I knew as soon as I got home because the old one was screaming in her stable.They used to graze nose to nose so it hit her hard! I had to move her to my friends house so she had company..can you borrow a horse from a friend to keep her company? god feel sad all over again now!!argh horses!!

kormachameleon Mon 15-Jun-09 15:40:20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now