Talk

Advanced search

Dog off lead chasing my cats in their own garden, what can i do?

(6 Posts)
clayre Sat 13-Jun-09 21:44:38

There is one man in our area who thinks his dog is better than everyone elses and doesnt need to be on its lead, a fortnight ago i was getting my dd from school and my mum stayed at my house with ds and they were in the front garden with my cats and the man came passed with his dog not on the lead and he chased the cat into the house, he apologised to my mum and she said polietly that he should have the dog on the lead.

Today me, my mum and the kids were in the house and we heard a wailing sound and it was the same dog, he had cornered my cat, the door was closed so he couldnt run inside, my mum or the man couldnt get the dog away from the cat. When the man got the dog my mum let rip, my cat came in and was hyperventilating on the hall floor. He is now refusing to go out and is a nervous wreck.

Is there anything we could do, anyone we could contact?

My cats are not the only cats the dog chases he also chases my aunties cats into her house and the cats opposite my mums house, we are all sick of it!

BellaBigBalls Sat 13-Jun-09 22:13:00

Dog warden (via local council) - the dog should be under control in a public place.

Best of luck & hope your cat's okay.

MatNanPlus Sat 13-Jun-09 22:15:22

Report him, tis the only recourse, of course some video footage if it happens again can't hurt.

ilovesprouts Sat 13-Jun-09 22:22:11

dogs are ment to be on a lead in public ,report him

clayre Sun 14-Jun-09 09:48:05

Thanks, i will give the dog warden a call if the dog is out off the lead again, after my mum let rip at him i hope he will keep the dog on the lead.

In the past when my aunty has told them to keep it on the lead they have insisted that this is not a public place so i dont think they are easy to reason with.

Alambil Sun 14-Jun-09 10:45:25

you need to quote the road traffic act of 1988, act 27 part 1 at him - it's an offence to allow a dog offlead on a designated road

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now