Talk

Advanced search

Letting cat out early after fracture pelvis operation??

(4 Posts)
didsnbump Sat 13-Jun-09 09:40:53

My cat was hit by a car and ended up with a fractured pelvis which was pinned in an operation 4 weeks ago.
She has been quite good being caged in for the 4 weeks but yesterday she managed to get free from it, and we also discovered she has been pulling her fur out.
We have managed to erect something she cant get out of, but im worried she is making herself very sore by pulling her fur out.
Would it be really bad to let her out 2 weeks early, coz she is clearly ok to be able to escape like she has???

beautifulgirls Sat 13-Jun-09 18:00:55

Your vet has given you advice for a good reason. It would be silly to undo all the good work that is done by letting her out. Although she feels better it does not mean that the healing is strong enough for her to be doing the things she wants to do.
If you have any questions best to talk to your vet.

MaggieTulliver Sun 14-Jun-09 15:40:37

we didnt keep put of a cage, but he was in our spare room. beside himself. we did let him out after a certain time but i checked with the vet and his view was that he may hurt himself more trying to get out than he would by jumping. check with your vet though.

FairMidden Sun 14-Jun-09 20:18:33

I second beautifulgirls - you should be bringing this up with your vet, and until then you should keep your cat restricted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now