Talk

Advanced search

New puppy!! excited and nervous. :-)

(6 Posts)
Bubblebell1 Fri 05-Jun-09 14:59:41

I am so excited. Im like a kid at xmas.

Im picking up my new lil SBT puppy (Reggie) in 1 wk and 3 days! (not that im countingblush)

We already have a 20 month old SBT (Sasha)and she is amazing. Great with the kids, other dogs, cats and even my rabbits. Cant wait to add to our family of animals but really nervous that i will get something wrong.

I wondered if you had any tips on training, helping him settle in, crate training, and feeding him etc.

TIA

Bubble

doggiesayswoof Fri 05-Jun-09 15:15:13

I have just got a new pup (Border terrier) and I'm a total novice

So far my top tips for a pup are:

Crate training - our pup goes in at night and also when we really can't watch her or we need to wash the kitchen floor etc. We put in treats for her to find and always leave chew toys in there with her. Kids need to leave her alone when she is in crate (or sleeping somewhere else)

Housetraining - needs to be taken out loads, we take her out every hour. She gets a treat and lots of praise when she pees in the garden. Immediately taken out to garden if she has an accident.

Food - 4 meals a day, currently eating Eukanuba puppy food.

Best of luck with your pup. There are loads of great people on this board who are very knowledgeable (unlike me) so stick around!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 05-Jun-09 15:23:14

you need bella or king smile

any pics of pups?

Bubblebell1 Fri 05-Jun-09 19:08:40

Thanks for your replies

doggie my older staffie is crate trained so will def use the same method with Reggie.
I will def use your tip of going out every hr as im not too keen on having him pee on newspaper.

blondes im just trying to upload pics of both my dogs onto my profile. they should be there soon.

If you see bella or king could you point them in my direction

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 06-Jun-09 13:08:12

aww they are cute - will prob bella/king!!

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 06-Jun-09 13:08:23

prod blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now