Talk

Advanced search

How to stop neighbours dog trying to dig it's way into my garden?

(4 Posts)
esor Fri 05-Jun-09 07:02:48

I have a young labrador trying to dig her way under my fence to get into my garden to see my dog. She lives two doors down from me and the house in the middle is empty. From previous dealings with this family I know that they will not do anything to prevent this. Is there anything that I can put down or do to discourage this dog from digging? She has already broken my fence two months ago but that's another story............

girlywhirly Fri 05-Jun-09 10:16:59

The only thing I can think of is to dig a narrow trench on your side and sink a stretch of wire fence, the lab will not be able to get through this. But it may be best to get advice from RSPCA, because the owners are allowing her to get out and wander, so it should be their job to dog -proof their own garden.

esor Sat 06-Jun-09 13:12:41

Thanks Girlywhirly for response, will look into wire. I will also get in touch with RSPCA and see what they have to say, hadn't thought of them.

bella39 Sat 06-Jun-09 13:22:49

Try your local council's dog warden too - tbh it is more their area than RSPCA, who can only really act in cases of cruelty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now