Who wants to see my new kitten?

(19 Posts)
chickchickchickee Wed 03-Jun-09 19:28:46

Just over 3 weeks old..

Meet Mozart

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

He did nothing but hollar the entire time His mum is a domestic short hair (moggy) x bengal (hence his spotty tummy!!) and dad is unknown but suspected domestic short hair.

I am so excited, and I still have over a month left to wait!!

(Watch this space as I may also be adding a "naughty tortie" girl too!!)

wiggletastic Wed 03-Jun-09 19:30:47

Ooooh, I love him. I want him. Give him to me. Me me ME ME ME!!!

Very envy

chickchickchickee Wed 03-Jun-09 19:34:19

Sorry wiggle.. he's all mine grin

bella39 Wed 03-Jun-09 19:34:25

No - give him to ME

envy

beanybean Wed 03-Jun-09 19:36:07

He's gorgeous, but slightly worried it looks like you work in a hospital?!

TrillianAstra Wed 03-Jun-09 19:37:21

Oooh, you have a wild one!

Rawr!

(me me me too, btw)

PlumBumMum Wed 03-Jun-09 19:40:54

Ahh hes lovely I just got a kitten, about 5 weeks old he was thrown out!

He's on my profile, we called him Lucky, because he survived the compactor of a bin lorry!

TrillianAstra Wed 03-Jun-09 19:42:42

How is Lucky by the way? Is he eating proper food yet?

PlumBumMum Wed 03-Jun-09 19:44:56

Yeap he's eating proper food, and getting very fast, still very cute, and he has survived dd2 this far!
must ask how much food he should be getting?
Do you know Trillian? I have those wee kitten food pouches

alisha29 Wed 03-Jun-09 19:50:35

noooo mine mine mine envy

TrillianAstra Wed 03-Jun-09 20:07:57

Does it say on the packet Plum? Cats don't tend to get fat like dogs do so if he eats it all up give him some more later on. Definitely supposed to be a number of small meals rather than 2 big ones when he's small, he'll have a small tummy but need lots of energy for growing and running around.

wiggletastic Wed 03-Jun-09 20:12:41

Cats dont get fat Trillian?!!!! Mine are blobs. blush

Little Lucky is very cute too Plum. smile

PlumBumMum Wed 03-Jun-09 20:16:40

Nope dosen't say on the pack and I was portioning it out through the day but hes a greedy wee monkey!
one whole pack a day for a 5/6 week old kitten seems quite alot

TrillianAstra Wed 03-Jun-09 20:52:56

Cats are less prone to getting fat than dogs. A growing kitten is like a boy having a growth spurt, you have to seriously overfeed them to make them pudgy!

"Start with about a tablespoonful five times a day, and adjust if your kitten is leaving food in the bowl or is still hungry. Throughout the process they will inevitably supplement their food with mother's milk. Kittens generally know how much they need, whilst the mother will soon make it clear if she thinks her kittens have had enough milk!"

Obviously the milk thing doesn't apply to Lucky. From here.

TrillianAstra Wed 03-Jun-09 22:38:41

By the way just seen that Mozart is 3 weeks old - can that be right?

chickchickchickee Thu 04-Jun-09 11:18:40

Yes he's only 3 weeks old, I don't collect him for a long time He was just whizzed in with mum and his sister for a check up/for me to have a quick cuddle and pics

I work at a veterinary hospital, so no worries about a kitten in a theatre room or anything!!

TrillianAstra Thu 04-Jun-09 11:30:43

Oh, I get it! That's very conscientious, taking cat and babies to the vet for a checkup when they are that little. I could see you were in a vet (assumed vet rather than human hospital) in the pics

I like the pic of him going 'rawr, I am a tiger, how dare you treat me like this!?' grin

chickchickchickee Thu 04-Jun-09 11:46:25

He was mainly there for me to have a hug I have to say I'm getting him from a girl at work

He definately has cattitude!! I am very excited about him coming. Just have a really long wait now!!

aristocat Thu 04-Jun-09 11:53:59

he's beautiful
love grey cats
very jealous envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now