Talk

Advanced search

What is your opinion on this person.

(18 Posts)
CountryGirl2007 Tue 02-Jun-09 01:49:18

What do you think of a person like this?

Has a 6 year old dog who is grossly overweight due to never being taken for walks but blames it on the age of the dog (6 is not old) and leaves the dog in a run all day but brings him inside at night.

never socialized the dog when he was a puppy so now he can't be trusted with other dogs/people/if you reprimand him for bad behaviour he may turn on you.

NEVER takes him for a walk even though they have nothing else to do all day really (finishes work in the afternoon at the latest) and also makes up the excuse that the dog doesn't like going for walks anyway when the dog LOVES going for walks.

Has gone to the beach walking and left the dog behind.

Possible reason for this is the person doesn't want to be seen out walking a dog.

Opinions!

vaseofwildflowers Tue 02-Jun-09 02:51:23

Inform the RSPCA. Dreadful behaviour.

SamVimesIsMyHero Tue 02-Jun-09 06:24:26

Well obviously they are not caring for their dog properly. You seem to know alot about this person, why don't you say something?

junglist1 Tue 02-Jun-09 22:19:25

How can you go to the beach and leave the dog! I feel guilty bringing my boys to the park without the dogs! This "person" is cruel, and a lazy f***

Pingpong Wed 03-Jun-09 01:25:17

Makes me wonder why they have a dog at all?

Claire2009 Wed 03-Jun-09 01:32:28

Like junglist I feel guilty going to the park with the dc's without the dogs blush

Inform the Rspca asap please.

SolidGoldBrass Wed 03-Jun-09 02:03:14

How do you know so much about this? Is this AIBU-by-stealth in that the dog owner is you and you don't take it for walks because you have invisible bad legs or something and are sick of being judged?

Or, if the dog-owner is a member of your household then unfortunately you are sort of responsible for the dog's wellbeing too and if you don't want to or are unable to take it for enough walks yourself maybe you should think about getting it rehomed.

bella39 Wed 03-Jun-09 08:13:23

Strange thread.

vaseofwildflowers Wed 03-Jun-09 10:06:05

I agree strange thread because you know it's completely wrong and utterly cruel for the dog and the fact you haven't done anything about this already makes me wonder.

Anyway, no point making pointless accusations, you know not to do something is wrong. Like all forms of cruelty it won't just go away by ignoring it.

Your conscience has obviously been raised which is only a good sign if you are prepared to act in the dog's welfare.

So good luck and well done if you help out.

bella39 Wed 03-Jun-09 10:24:50

OP - I suspect this is actually your own dog. There are lots of knowledgeable, kind and helpful people here who can help, you know.

lilymolly Wed 03-Jun-09 10:27:32

fecking lazy idiot is what i think.

i too feel guilty if i go to park and leave dogs behind

no point in having a dog if you treat it that way sad

spugs Wed 03-Jun-09 17:06:04

Pointless having a dog! Either inform the RSPCA or if it is yours do something about it!

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 03-Jun-09 17:07:26

Both the dog owner and you need to take some responsibility.

hobbgoblin Wed 03-Jun-09 17:10:31

Opinion on the person? None.

Opinion on the situation? The dog needs a better life probably unless the dog is disabled or something else you haven't told us.hmm

alisha29 Wed 03-Jun-09 19:54:24

hmmm is this person neighbour sister etc... how do you know???

CountryGirl2007 Thu 04-Jun-09 00:04:17

Most certainly not me! the person who owns the dog thinks they are the best pet owner ever so would hardly be writing a message outlining everything bad. I was just curious as to what the general opinion would be as I have been accused of over reacting! don't think so and I am doing something about it (i.e. will be offering to exersize the dog)

SPCA's don't do anything about things like this. hence why most poor dogs are subjected to a life of misery never leaving their back gardens. That's why the laws need to change.

bella39 Thu 04-Jun-09 11:27:48

Well then I am even more baffled as to why you put all this on here. You are obviously best placed to advise this person.

I get the impression you are in the US - here the RSPCA lobbied long and hard for an Animal Welfare Act but even that would be unlikely to be invoked in the case you describe. It's not good treatment, but on the scale of things it isn't very bad.

Very strange to put all that on here hmm

alisha29 Thu 04-Jun-09 21:50:08

also you never answered my question hmm also strange. who is this person???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now