Talk

Advanced search

the family dog ahd to be put to sleep yesterday :(

(6 Posts)
lilsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 21:47:25

my parents dog (everyone's dog really) had to be put down yesterday, he had a huge tumour in his stomach which was only picked up on a week ago or so, he was 12, the vet give steroid tablets to try and "pick" him up and maybe shrink the tumour but sadly they did neither

we are all heartbroken, he was such a lovely dog, my dad took him yesterday morning and said it was such a peaceful way to go, better than him suffering on, as yesterday he could hardly walk, he had lost so much weightin the past week, and wasnt eating at all, you could tell by his eyes his body was failing

anyway sorry for rambling on, xx

oatcake Tue 19-Apr-05 21:49:20

real commiserations lilsmum. the right thing was done. I was too chicken to have my cat put to sleep and she died, in a lot of pain, on new years eve.

they're a member of the family and it bloody hurts when they die.

irishbird Tue 19-Apr-05 21:51:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dahlia Tue 19-Apr-05 21:54:36

Deepest sympathy, its an awful thing to go through, been there several times myself. Hugs xx

lilsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 22:06:29

irishbird.. tell me bout it, this month has been the month from hell!!xx

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 19-Apr-05 22:06:47

for you lilsmum.

Our cat had to be put down in v similar circumstances 2 years ago.

It's v hard, losing a much loved pet, as they are definitely part of the family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now