Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody used a black light to find cat wee?

(11 Posts)
chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 09:47:17

I got one the yesterday - not over impressed but wondered if I am missing something?

PuzzleRocks Wed 28-Jan-09 10:25:51

Bumping for you.

Lionstar Wed 28-Jan-09 10:28:54

That has to be one of the strangest questions I've ever seen asked!

boredveryverybored Wed 28-Jan-09 10:30:03

Pmsl, am with Lionstar. V V V weird question grin

chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 10:33:06

Why is it weird? DO you know what I am talking about? let me find a link

chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 10:33:37

urineoff.com/UrineFinders.php

boredveryverybored Wed 28-Jan-09 10:36:14

Sorry chloe, I did know what you meant, just that the question itself is funny - it is honeslty grin
I haven't used a blacklight for finding cat wee though so no help at all, sorry!

Lionstar Wed 28-Jan-09 10:37:37

OK so that makes it a bit clearer - sorry for laughing just the question read very weirdly at first - st least for those not 'in the know'. I had no idea cat pee glowed!

chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 10:38:24

Thats why I posted in "pets" grin

hippipotamiHasLostTwoPounds Wed 28-Jan-09 10:40:20

Dh brought a black light home from work once. Whatever you do, do not use it!! It not only lights up catwee, but dirt, years-old-and-wiped-up puke and blood, remnants of drinks and foodstuffs spilled years ago etc.
Honestly, I thought my house was clean. With the blacklight it lit up and looked like a crime-scene straight out of CSI!! I was horrified....

Commanded dh to take blacklight away, I prefer living in blissful ignorance!!

chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 11:14:59

LOl, When I first used it (didn't use the instructions properly as per usual). I put it on my carpet and it pretty much showed it everywhere and I went into panic! I had washed the carpet the day before and thought I must of spread it around the room (you can see the lines where the cleaner had been). Turns out, it highlights some cleaning products, but it a slightly different colour. SO what I was seeing everywhere was the bio washing liquid I used in the carpet cleaner blush.

The thing is though, it isn't really lighting up the wee. There are a couple of spots I KNOW have cat wee on and it isn't lighting it up at all sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now