Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with Rankins Dragon Lizard please

(3 Posts)
elfsmum Sat 17-Jan-09 17:09:38

1. can they have strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, bananas, tomatos. I have these in all the time, if they can't it's fine I'd just like to know. Btw haven't fed them any of these things yet.

2. We leave greens/veg out and change their water in the morning, in the evening about 7ish we change their greens/veg and whilst I'm doing this my boys handle the dragons, then we put them back in the viv for their live feed. crickets daily and mealworms every 3 days. Thing is speedy (the larger of the two) really goes for the live food but I've only seen Fred eat the live food on the odd occassion (we've had them since 23 Dec 08) - will he be eating the greens/veg whilst I'm not there and just to full for the live food or do I need to worry?

3. we have coconut as their substrate, I'm going to change it to reptile mat, BUT, they seem to like burrowing in it and hiding themselves, so do I split the viv half and half so they can still burrow, and do I have it at the warm end or the cool end. They seem to like burrowing at both.

oh lets make it 4 things ....

4. Fred is up and about and basking and generally lording it over the viv. Speedy seems to spend most of his time snuggled under the cocount until their evening feed. Occassionally see them both out, but more often than not it's just Fred.

They are both males, is this just their personalities and I seem to have a toddler with endless amounts of energy in Fred, and a teenager I can't get out of bed in Speedy ? or should I be worried ?

thanks in advance

NutterlyUts Sat 17-Jan-09 17:22:20

www.angelfire.com/me4/pets/rankinsdragon.html

www.rankinsdragon.co.uk/

Do either of those sites help?

GentleOtter Sat 17-Jan-09 17:25:33

That article recommends that you do not keep two of the same sex in the same viv. Perhaps Fred is being dominant over Speedy.
It is so expensive to set another viv up but you may want to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now