Talk

Advanced search

anyone else with exotic pets?

(17 Posts)
jennybensmummy Sat 27-Dec-08 08:09:56

we have 7 tarantulas (maybe 8 cant think!), 2 turtles, 2 snakes, and 3 lizards. would be nice to chat to toher people with fun pets too!

GentleOtter Sat 27-Dec-08 08:38:18

Hi jenny - we have a chameleon.

mysterymoniker Sat 27-Dec-08 10:06:32

I had a tarantula! he was a zebra knee, unfortunately he died last year but I got a remote controlled one this Christmas!

I don't miss the fun of my cats letting the crickets out, otherwise I might have replaced him . . .

GentleOtter Sat 27-Dec-08 10:50:58

The crickets! They always escape and you hear them 'singing' from odd places.
The locusts nibbled a hole in the temporary vivarium and I remember being horrified when one appeared on the chair just behind a visitor.
Our chappie has just shed again and is showing beautiful colours.

mysterymoniker Sat 27-Dec-08 10:54:14

I still have an intact, entire cast/skin of my 8 legged pal

oh you make me want another one! what do you have?

GentleOtter Sat 27-Dec-08 10:58:37

A Yemen like this one
He was a rescue chameleon and sadly his casque was damaged by whoever had him first. They are quite difficult little creatures to look after but he seems to be doing well. We have had him for three years.

mysterymoniker Sat 27-Dec-08 11:00:37

ohhh he is pretty!

GentleOtter Sat 27-Dec-08 11:06:29

I had a similar female a few years ago. I saw her in a dodgy petshop and found out later that she had been stolen from the wild and the petshop owner was done for it.

She was a lovely little thing but I had a job getting her to thrive. Summer was best as she used to spend her days in the greenhouse with me.
The bloody cat got her when I was cleaning out her vivarium. sad- I got the male two days after she died as I missed seeing her.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 27-Dec-08 13:58:01

have a huge cat fish called colin

though not sure if you can call him exotic

slavetomykids Sat 27-Dec-08 14:13:26

Message withdrawn

Thunderduck Sat 27-Dec-08 16:23:29

I have 2 Eastern collard lizards.

Hoping to get a snake soon.

jennybensmummy Sat 27-Dec-08 21:10:47

we have had loads of different tarantulas cant think of names now let me think
- king baboon
- cobalt blue
- chile rose
- trinidad chevron
- columbian Giant
- Thai tiger
- Brazilian Salmon Pink

and the snakes are
- an albino black rat snake called sammy
- a royal ball python caled drake

the lizards
- a bearded dragon called bernard
- 2 red headed agamas (very pretty)

the turtles
- a baby map turtle
- a quite big red eared slider

were getting some scorpians next week too apparently!!

other things we have had are, giant preying mantis, cane toad, oriental fire bellied toads, various other tarantulas, and also had a cat and a hamster!

I am currently trying to persuade other half that we should get a baby yellow bellied turtle but he is not convinced - we will see as they sell them at the shop were going to in the morning for more crickets!!!!

jennybensmummy Sat 27-Dec-08 21:11:45

i should add the turtles are called timmy and terrance, and one of the tarantulas is called harry but al the rest dont have names yet!!

bettyxmas Sun 28-Dec-08 11:47:00

hi we have 3 african land snails
3 ex- batt hens
and 3 cats (not exotic i know)

jennybensmummy Sun 28-Dec-08 21:23:48

oooh i want snails but oh not keen! we bought another turtle today - toby!

pushchair Sun 28-Dec-08 21:32:00

We had a tarantula called Mabs. She became a he and died about two years later. Remember that chirping well. Felt sorry for the male roaming around and around the tank. Can't remember the type.

jennybensmummy Mon 29-Dec-08 23:29:11

woo hooo we just been to buy a baby bosc monitor, hes lovely! that really is enough pets for us now i think!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now