Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My cat is obsessed with cutlery

(16 Posts)
milliemayhem Fri 31-Oct-08 07:49:19

I have a lovely indoor cat, shes just a normal domestic long hair breed, but whenever we do the drying up of cutlery and put it away in drawer she does that mad chirpy sound and happily meows at us until we finish. She seems to love it. Thought it may be because she thought she'd be getting fed, but she'll even do it immediately after eating. She even does it without waking up. Even find myself rummaging in the fork drawer just to make her happy! Anyone else experienced this cutlery fix in their cat?

piratecat Fri 31-Oct-08 08:00:32

i think it's the noise/clinking noise when the cutlery is bashed together. Cats go weird when they hear certain sounds. Your cat maybe likes the noise? Its very sweet tho!!
They hate the sound of the recorder (well my cat did when i was little) and our cat now yowls.

weebleswobble Fri 31-Oct-08 08:18:26

Lol! Rummaging around in the fork drawer grin!! But then again I do stop hanging washing/cooking/most things if one of my cats decides she needs a cuddle right then and there. They are in complete control aren't they?

bella29 Fri 31-Oct-08 08:26:52

That's the cat's role in the relationship isn't it? Aren't they always in control grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 31-Oct-08 08:57:36

How funny and sweet

One of my cats has a hanging up washing thing - when ever I go out to put washing on the line she dashes from wherever she is hiding and winds herself around my legs happy as can be. Then when I'm finished she jumps in the basket. Very odd.

milliemayhem Fri 31-Oct-08 09:00:50

Totally. My DP is asthmatic and the cat sleeps on his side, but neither of us can bear to throw her off (me especially, but then again she is MY princess!) Talking of which, we're just off to vets to find out why shes in and out of dirt box every 5 mins. She was in a cattery a few weeks ago, chances are shes picked up a nasty there. Kerching says Mr Vet....

Liney15 Sat 01-Nov-08 21:24:53

Hi Millie Your cat may have cystitis - ours is an Asian/burmese cross whos very prone to it (groan)- never knew cats got it till we had her. Good Luck....

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 18:26:14

my cats like me making the beds...especially the girls' bunk beds.one of them likes me to "trap" her under the fitted sheet and then she miaows sadly until i "rescue" her!!!

milliemayhem Sun 02-Nov-08 23:45:11

Cats are bloody great! So glad to read stories about other mad cats. Anyway, the cat, her name's Millie by the way, hence my nickname, had a good check over and seems to be fine. Have come to conclusion shes a bit stressed out over my DP recently moving in. Have got her a new feather stick, a bottle of cat milk and some icky medicine, seems to be doing the trick. Gotta get a wee sample thou...! She can't be that ill as shes still squealing at cutlery. Weird.

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 02-Nov-08 23:46:05

oh god its like that thread with the husband and the garlic press...

milliemayhem Mon 03-Nov-08 10:52:56

Eh?

Eniddo Mon 03-Nov-08 10:54:44

if you run your fingers over a comb a cat will stick its tongue out

hours of fun

milliemayhem Mon 03-Nov-08 11:01:23

Really? <off to fine a comb. And the cat>

lisa34 Mon 03-Nov-08 11:24:38

My cat loves to chew on plastic bags - she is very strange lol

mel1981 Mon 03-Nov-08 11:36:54

I had a cat that used to knick my jewellery...used to blame my little sis until I saw my cat coming down the stairs with a necklace dangeling out of her mouth. LOL

One of my present cats is obsessed with my hairbands hmm I cant leave them lying around or shes running off with it in her mouth through the cat flap!!
So have stocked up now just incase. She also once tried draging a pull along toy phone of my sons through the front room, kitchen and to her cat flap. It was halarious!!

Whenever someone goes outside all 3 of our cats follow, then come back in when we do.

LemonyAle Tue 04-Nov-08 00:30:45

lol milliemayhem - one of our cats loves cutlery too

Our kitchen is being refitted at the moment so the cutlery tray is on a surface not in a drawer, and we've had to cover it with teatowels because he likes to ^lie down on top of the uncomfy, bumpy knives & forks^ hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now