Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Electronic dog fencing

(3 Posts)
emanon Mon 13-Oct-08 22:27:57

Does anyone have any experience of electronic dog fencing? I know some people think it is cruel, but I am interested as to whether it is a good idea. We have a half acre garden which is proving expensive and difficult to fence and this fencing could be a good solution for us.

Any advice would be very welcome.

IAteDavinaForDinner Mon 13-Oct-08 22:35:50

Need to consider this carefully. If the dog sets off the shock while, for example, a car goes past or a child is around there's a risk they develop a fear of that thing. Also, it may make an anxious dog more so.

My only experience of it is of a dog who was so anxious she would eat through doors and escape, so the owners put her in a run outside and fenced it with an electric shock set-up. Dog ten times more anxious, eventually rehomed, don't know what happened since but have my suspicions

Not personally a fan of these things.

toolatetodecide Thu 16-Oct-08 10:58:37

My toddler keeps wandering out of my garden cause I can't be arsed to keep an eye on him or put up a proper fence. Should I consider electrocuting him?

I know some people think it's cruel, but if you'd like to make me feel better about myself then please feel free to encourage me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now