Talk

Advanced search

so the hamster insists on clinging to the bars with one leg

(13 Posts)
whosaidthat Mon 06-Oct-08 22:59:44

whilst exercising the other 3 on top of it's hamster wheel.
Stupid thing just stays still.
Why won't he just get in it and run like a normal hamster would

RustyBear Mon 06-Oct-08 23:42:05

I'm not sure the words 'hamster' and 'normal' can ever be used in the same sentence.

They are cute.

But thick.

RustyBear Mon 06-Oct-08 23:47:50

One of our hamsters used to stand outside the wheel on its back legs & turn it round with its front paws.

Another used to get up such a speed that when it stopped running it often did a complete circle still inside the wheel.
And then there was the pair of Russian hamsters who used to get in together - trouble was, they often tried to run opposite ways...

trappedhamster Mon 06-Oct-08 23:56:25

help meeee

PurpleWitchyOne Tue 07-Oct-08 00:50:10

aye, i agree! but its prefectly normal.

we've owned 2 of them and both of them have been pretty barmy animals. but loveable too.

mine used to do the full circle inside the wheel. especially if i'd been smoking the 'green' stuff. he'd run like mad for a while, do a few loops of the wheel not running, then just plop on the sawdust fast asleep!
then when he'd wake, he'd eat for england and then run some more!

whosaidthat Tue 07-Oct-08 07:29:49

grin

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 07-Oct-08 13:58:09

have you tried placing him in wheel?

but if he is happy, then who cares

my love swinging from top of cage then falling plop into the bedding

he also sleeps in his house, that he also pees in shock and then sits in door on his bum, and picks out poos fromhis bum and spits them out of door hmm

have come to the conclusion, that as much as i love my hammies, they are thick as pig shit - but sooooooooooo adorable!!

LittleB Tue 07-Oct-08 21:13:02

Mine used to run on top of the wheel, with his bum resting on the side of the cage to hold him up. Perhaps they're claustrophobicwink!

Bridie3 Tue 07-Oct-08 21:18:28

Neither of our Syrians would use their wheel. I think they are pretty but not the sharpest rodents on the block.

The Chinese hamster, a much brigher cookie, is in his for hours.

Evenstar Fri 10-Oct-08 00:01:05

I had one that used to cross the top of the cage swinging from bar to bar on its front legs grin they are entertaining little animals

Bridie3 Fri 10-Oct-08 17:26:19

Ours do that. It's a great show.

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 10-Oct-08 17:28:32

hamsters are delicious stupid

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 10-Oct-08 22:51:05

i really do love ours

one can do the stairs in 7secs

place at top and soon they learn how to go down stairs in a few go's

seriously he is well fast,and then dashes round the corner in hall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now