Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Kitten keeping me awake.

(3 Posts)
OrmIrian Thu 02-Oct-08 09:46:01

Kitten is 9 weeks old. When we got her she was 7 weeks and had been away from her mum for 2 weeks (why I don't know). I think she was taken away too early as she has to sleep squeezed up next to someone. We kept her in out room as she seemed so little to be alone, and more often than not she's on our bed. Which would be fine if she didn't insist on getting under the duvet and snuggling up to bare skin. I spend the whole night terrified of squashing her. Alternatively she is awake and playing and using my skin as a pin cushion hmm. I co-slept with 3 children - don't want to do it with a cat!

What's the best thing to do, short of shutting her in the kitchen alone sad. WHat can I do to make her bed more appealing to her? Please help! I thought my sleepless nights were behind me,.

bella29 Thu 02-Oct-08 09:53:33

Hot water bottle wrapped in one of your (unwashed) sweaters. A ticking clock is also supposed to remind them of their mother's heartbeat.
HTH

OrmIrian Thu 02-Oct-08 10:17:00

Thanks bella. I'll use the sweater with the threads she's already pulled hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now