Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

unwanted cat gifts

(11 Posts)
shivermetimbers Wed 01-Oct-08 11:00:53

yesterday my cat very kindly brought me a gift.
So as not to seem ungrateful, i accepted her offering.unfortunatley, as my reflexes are not quite up to scratch, my 'gift' is now happily residing under the sofa.
Does anyone have experience of this and how do you go about getting rid.Or do they have squatters rights?

bella29 Wed 01-Oct-08 11:05:35

You mean you don't want a small mammal living under the sofa? Could be useful for hoovering up biccie crumbs wink

shivermetimbers Wed 01-Oct-08 11:12:23

yes, who needs a dyson when you can have field mouse colony.Think of the electricity it would save.

bella29 Wed 01-Oct-08 11:23:20

Great for the planet too. You should brag about it - I'm so green, I've swapped the hoover for a mouse!!!

newpup Wed 01-Oct-08 12:08:24

Reminds of when we moved house and found several rotting gifts from the cat under the tumble dryer!! shock

Hello Bella. How is the boy?

bella29 Wed 01-Oct-08 12:21:15

Oooh - nice, newpup! Remind me never to move...

Pup's doing really well, thanks - we're still holding our own at training classes (sit, down, stand, leave it & walk on a loose lead). He did, however, tip an entire pot of dark wood varnish all over the (cream) tiles in my porch last night, but nothing half an hour on all fours with a scrubbing brush and a large bottle of Cif didn't fix. Who wants to sit down & relax of an evening, anyway?!

How is yuor girlie?

hecate Wed 01-Oct-08 13:40:00

I had one once.

I felt sorry for it so I fed it blush

Then my husband bashed it with a shoe sad

newpup Wed 01-Oct-08 17:06:23

I hope you mean the gift not the cat hecate!!

Bella. pup is coming along fab! She is lovely a real little gem. smile

hecate Wed 01-Oct-08 17:09:13

grin yes. Poor little thing. sad

bella29 Wed 01-Oct-08 18:45:34

Poor wee mouse - narrowly escapes the jaws of death by getting away from the cat, only to be stilletoed instead. I guess his number was well & truly up that day sad

Milliways Wed 01-Oct-08 18:53:50

We shut the cat in the same room with it's "present" until it's caught!

Otherwise, get cat in room, lift up sofa, chase cat & contents of it's mouth out the door!!

Better than shredded wood pigeon which greets us many a morning.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now