Talk

Advanced search

German Shepherds, what is yours called?

(19 Posts)
auntypurple Tue 30-Sep-08 19:57:51

I have found a lovely breeder, with a litter of pups due this Sunday. Went to see the mum on Monday, and she is beautiful and has a wonderful temperment. Also saw her, uncle, brother and mum. I also know the people who own the dad, and they have an excellent reputation. Anyway I have 1st pick of the male puppies, will be going back when they are 4 weeks old to have a look. So I am starting to think of names now.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 30-Sep-08 20:02:06

local pubs one is called ALF - he is massive

lizandlulu Tue 30-Sep-08 20:02:57

we have a bitch and a dog, the dog is 15 years old called bruce. loads of people have commented what an odd name it is for a dog, but i like it.
and the bitch is called sheba, i dont like it but she came with that name.

we also have had a few guard dogs at work, they have been quite original names, sam, king, prince, and we had a gypsy too.

LadyOfWaffle Tue 30-Sep-08 20:03:34

Marley - all we could think of! DH had 2 Rommels and a Monty

bronze Tue 30-Sep-08 20:05:08

We have a GSD X whos more GSD that whatever else she is. Shes called Roo though we didn't name her.
I've noticed GSDs seem to suit Z, K and V names.

chilledmama Tue 30-Sep-08 20:05:26

Meda - short for Andromeda something someything which was her pedigree name.

LadyOfWaffle Tue 30-Sep-08 20:06:01

Zeus?

auntypurple Tue 30-Sep-08 20:12:21

oh Ladyofwaffle I like that. lizandlulu we had a collie x called Bruce. My last GSD was called Jake and the pups uncle to be is called Sam and he his huge, we have also had a Sadie and a Sabre(sp?) in the past. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I think they are going to use some sort of song theme for the pedigree name.

phee96 Fri 03-Oct-08 18:18:35

We have a GSD X too and she's called Akira

moshie Fri 03-Oct-08 18:39:09

grandparents' dog was called Thor, fab dog, we used to ride him round the garden.

rislip Fri 03-Oct-08 18:51:46

Oh ours is called Dave . He's ever so lovely, 4 years old. Good luck, they are such good companions.

ShowOfHands Fri 03-Oct-08 18:55:19

My Dad's best friend is a German shepherd called Michael. He's from Munich orignally but farms over here now. I suspect that's of little help.

Plonker Mon 06-Oct-08 23:56:44

Ours was called Zac ...love Dave though!! My sis had a lurcher called Brian. Made me laugh every time grin

kormAaaarrrggghhhchameleon Tue 07-Oct-08 00:07:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleB Tue 07-Oct-08 21:16:34

I've known a few; Layla, Kim, Stanley, Merlin, Storm, Perro (spanish for dog apparently) and Denny. We had a collie X called Marley, now have a Toller called Rhubarb.

Lionstar Tue 07-Oct-08 21:18:33

My mum's is called Fan - stupid name, of course I have already re-christened her Fanjo smile

TequilaMockinBird Tue 07-Oct-08 21:18:47

pmsl at ShowOfHands grin

Sidge Tue 07-Oct-08 21:19:28

Our GS was called Faber - named after a mountain in Singapore.

auntypurple Thu 09-Oct-08 22:12:02

Thanks for all the names so far, keep them coming. The puppies were born on Monday, poor dog had the 1st one at 12:30am and the last at 8:30am, 11 in total. I have 7 boys to pick from. Am hoping one just jumps out and grabs my attention as I will want them all. Am going to see them at about 5 weeks old, can't wait. Have seen pics of them already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now