Talk

Advanced search

VERY noisy kitten!

(6 Posts)
slayerette Sat 27-Sep-08 19:52:28

Well, collected Elsie and Bodge today (RSPCA rescue kittens) and generally it's gone really well. They hid for about an hour behind the piano but have been playing, eating, using litter tray, having cuddles beautifully all afternoon. Bodge is v friendly and a real lap cat but Elsie - who's a little more timid - mews so loudly and continuously!

Has anyone had experience of this? will she settle? We do love them but she's got a right gob on 'er grin

PootyApplewater Sat 27-Sep-08 19:56:00

She's very intelligent.
She's trying to tell you that the Mayor of Indiana is trapped down a well.
Or perhaps I've got her mixed up with Lassie? grin

She'll be fine though - does she have a cuddly toy to snuggle up to in her bed?

slayerette Sat 27-Sep-08 20:00:32

grin - did not think to look down the well! Will do that RIGHT now.

Haven't got a cuddly toy, only a fleecy blanket and a sheepskin pad in their basket. Can I raid DS's collection? - what should be safe? [ignorant kitten owner emoticon]

Bodge is asleep on the sofa - we're currently trying to show madam what a good example he's setting but she's not getting the hint...

differentID Sat 27-Sep-08 20:07:43

she may want some one on one time with you- especially as girls tend to be more independant than boys. Is bodge a male?

slayerette Sat 27-Sep-08 20:12:47

Yes, Bodge is a boy. And looks like he's going to be very straighforward compared to madam. Typical grin

Will see if I can encourage her to come for cuddles while Bodge is asleep.

differentID Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:05

let her come to you, rather than chase her. Our girl cat didn't come near us for about 3 years when we were chasing her all the time. WE finally ignored her for two weeks and she became more responsive. I read a book by Vicky Halls- Cat confidential I think and it helped me recognise what was happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now