Talk

Advanced search

how much harder is 3 cats than 2?

(18 Posts)
juicychops Wed 24-Sep-08 15:00:55

i have one kitten 6 months and am looking for a second one preferably the same age. there are quite a lot of pairs out there that cant be separated so am considering a pair.

how much difference is there having 3 instead of 2 apart from obviously the expense?

DisasterArea Wed 24-Sep-08 15:01:20

none at all. except more hair.

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 24-Sep-08 15:04:09

We have a similar problem

We got a kitten a week ago, he is fantastic. There were 2 left in the advert but when we rang he was the only 1 left, it all happened a bit fast and he was dropped off at our house within 20 mins!

We love him to pieces but wish one of his siblings had been available as I always got kittens in pairs as I grew up.

But Im reluctant to get another 'singleton' as we don't know the temprememt or how they will get along!

Chocolateteapot Wed 24-Sep-08 15:08:59

None except more hair and vet fees. And my original cat had her nose put out of joint with the arrival of two and it never quite went back in.

cheesesarnie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:11:34

god we have 2 and theyre double the cuteness but also double the trouble.but i love them.cannot imagine a third.plus dh would leave me.food is costing fortune!

ClairePO Wed 24-Sep-08 15:24:04

Depends how they all get on but a 6 month old and two kittens should get along fine. My 3rd was easiest of the lot. It's no different having 2 to having 3 really.

cheesesarnie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:31:10

maybe i'll sneak in another while dh is away next weekgrin

Minniethemoocher Wed 24-Sep-08 15:39:04

We had three cats, like having a pride of little lions! It was fine.

PinkTulips Wed 24-Sep-08 15:46:41

none, if anything less hassle as they're always playing together.

be prepared to faint at the amount of food they'll consume though shock

grin

have a female who i think is less than a year and 2 of her 11 week old kittens and it's lovely. really cozy on chilly nights having 3 cats purring on your lap too wink

cheesesarnie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:50:58

forgot about amount of poo.2 cats poo for england.i cant imagine more poo

Pamina Wed 24-Sep-08 15:51:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juicychops Fri 26-Sep-08 07:58:13

hello. Wednesday evening i bought 2 more kittens! both 13 weeks old.

my 6 month isn't getting on well with one of the babies at the moment, but hopefully they will learn to live with each other. they are so cute!

juicychops Fri 26-Sep-08 07:59:06

thats 6 month old kitten, not 6 month old human baby!

Lovesdogsandcats Fri 26-Sep-08 09:32:07

I have 3 , and at first one of them didn't get on too well with new kitten, now they all play together.
Yours will soon all get on great, give it time.

tiggerlovestobounce Fri 26-Sep-08 09:55:12

For me it was easier, I had 2 who didnt get on well. Now I have 3 (never set out to have 3, just happened), and they get on well. Before the 2 cats fought, and avoided each other, but now the 3 seem to have formed a "pack".

Will your cats have access outside? I dont think i'd fancy dealing with 3 litter trays on a long-term basis!

BabiesEverywhere Fri 26-Sep-08 10:31:31

Oncde you get past 2 cats, it is just a herd wink

We rescued, tamed and rehomed ferals and ended up with 8 cats at one stage, sadly down to 6 at the moment amd my toddler loves them to pieces.

Three kittens will be loads of fun

juicychops Fri 26-Sep-08 14:58:42

yeah they will have access outside. dont think i could stand having 3 indoor cats!

the 6month one already goes out, and the other 2 will once they have had their injections which will be as soon as i can afford it.

gotta get them all microchipped too and getting the older one neutered next week.

will be getting the 2 babies done as soon as they are old enough too... so much money!!!

PinkTulips Sat 27-Sep-08 11:37:02

babieseverywhere.... i may have to show dp your post to prove i'm not the only crazy cat lady who lures ferals into the house grin

we have 3 atm but i'm fairly sure the female was pregnant coming to us so that number is due to go up next week sometime unless i'm mistaken grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now