Talk

Advanced search

What can I put on a wall to stop my cat jumping up?

(6 Posts)
Sushipaws Sun 21-Sep-08 14:05:06

Just moved house (2 months ago)and my cat really wants to go exploring. She jumps up onto the wall of our built in brick BBQ and over the fence. Then she gets stuck and can't jump back over the fence. She can just manage over the next fence and then she gets completely stuck and can't get back.

Neither of those neighbours are fans of cats and have scowled at me when I've had to knock on thier doors to get her back.

What can I put on top of the brick BBQ to stop her jumping up?

Any ideas?

maidamess Sun 21-Sep-08 14:06:35

Copuld you lay some trellis flat on the bricks so it overhangs quite a long way and she can't get up on top?

Sushipaws Sun 21-Sep-08 18:06:19

Just had to google trellis, this is my first garden and I'm not familiar with the jargon

I could lay a bit on top, it's worth a try but I think she'll still be able to jump up onto it, I guess I'll have to see what types there are.

Cheers

BabiesEverywhere Sun 21-Sep-08 18:10:53

You can buy rubber spiked edgers which you can glue/screw to the top of the wall which are designed to be uncomfortable on cats feet (doesn't hurt them)

Or buy/make fence toppers. Some are brackets with net which overhang your garden and prevent the cat from jumping up or rollers which stop the cat sitting on the top of the fence.

I posted some pictures of our homemade cat fence on this post here

Sushipaws Sun 21-Sep-08 19:32:26

Wow, thanks, thats perfect and I only need to do the bit above the BBQ.

Cheers

Lovesdogsandcats Wed 24-Sep-08 13:11:42

I saw this, its a diy job but this website show you how - looks great :

www.kittyklips.com/basic.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now