Talk

Advanced search

frontline

(9 Posts)
TheInvisibleManDidIt Wed 17-Sep-08 22:01:34

Used this on our 2 cats today. Normally just use bobmartin stuff, but thought I'd give this a try as meant to be more effective.

Got it from a petstore, but they told me not to let cats out for 48hours after application. Dh opened back door and both cats just bolted out.

Why should they be in for 48hrs? They always go out at night, and don't really want to have to crawl around neighbours gardens in the dark looking for them unless it's really necessary.

tia

nell12 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:08:36

We have never kept our cats (or dog) in after applying Frontline, and they always run outside in a huff after we apply it;

Our cats are 8 now and have never had fleas, so I would put away the heat seeking binoculars and have a cup of tea

Flossish Wed 17-Sep-08 22:10:01

never knew that either. is it any cheaper in the pet store?!!

bella29 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:25:14

As far as I know it's only a problem if the cat gets soaked through (& therefore washes the frontline off) in the first 48 hours.
Used to be a vet nurse & we never advised people to keep their cats in after using it. Mine would take huge offence if I did!
Get the kettle on!

TheInvisibleManDidIt Wed 17-Sep-08 23:10:01

thanks all.

Flossish it was £14 for 3 doses. The pet store has only started selling it, had to sign for it!!

For once it's a dry night here, so will just let them be. smile

Flossish Thu 18-Sep-08 07:28:11

I can't remember how much it is in the vets now! Thanks for that.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 18-Sep-08 07:34:39

its incase they get rained on or go swimming in a puddle.

front line is really good but i find the bobmartin flea and tick collars just as effective and far cheaper.

brightwell Thu 18-Sep-08 22:10:56

Can I ask which pet store?? I've been using Advance from the vets I think it was £15 but the need to see the cat every 6 months or they won't prescribe it.

oops Thu 18-Sep-08 22:41:10

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now