Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

kttens bottom smells!

(18 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 17-Sep-08 12:36:42

is that normal?she did just stick it in my face!

IAteDavinaForDinner Wed 17-Sep-08 14:47:23

I'm fairly sure if you were to sniff your own it would have some sort of aroma, and you presumably wipe it after you've been to the loo.

So I would say normal, I'm afraid.

MadamAnt Wed 17-Sep-08 14:48:40

My cat's arse smelt grim for the first few months...kind of cheesy. He's fine now.

SmugColditz Wed 17-Sep-08 14:49:19

Well, it does have poo coming out of it on a regular basis...

Saturn74 Wed 17-Sep-08 14:49:46

<<whispers>>
that's because it's where the poo comes from.
wink

FluffyMummy123 Wed 17-Sep-08 14:52:21

Message withdrawn

artichokes Wed 17-Sep-08 14:53:20

yuk. that is why pets in the house are disgusting. i would not sit on my furniture with an unwiped bum and i never intend to let an animal do so either.

PinkTulips Wed 17-Sep-08 14:57:18

is it away from it's mother? if so you could do with giving it a wipe with damp cotton wool every now and again.

my kittens are 10 weeks and the mother still obsessivley cleans their bums for them every time they go near her and they don't smell at all (well one smells of liquorice and the other smells of potatoes but their bums don't smell)

cheesesarnie Wed 17-Sep-08 20:18:33

ahhhhh i see!thankyou-was worried id have to phone vets and say my pussy smells!grinmakes sense about their mums cleaning them-theyre 10 weeks,mum not around,so i'll get the cotton wool out(nice).immature gut good suggestion too-glad it gets better,its lovely when they want attention but not so great when they stick there bums in my face!

PinkTulips Wed 17-Sep-08 20:33:32

my two walk up to momcat and ram their bums in her face so i guess that means your his surrogate mommy and he wants you to wipe his bum for him grin isn't parenthood great?

cheesesarnie Wed 17-Sep-08 20:44:49

i feel sick!

when will they learn to wipe theyre bums?grin

so glad dc didnt need theyre bums licking-thankgod for baby wipes!

PinkTulips Wed 17-Sep-08 22:39:26

lol, were they taken from their mother very young? normally they've learned alot of this stuff before they leave the litter so you wouldn't have to do it.

hopefully with a bit of encouragement and you 'showing' them they'll take the hint and do it themselves.

cheesesarnie Thu 18-Sep-08 21:34:45

they were 9 weeks.hopefully theyll get it!

FairLadyRantALot Thu 18-Sep-08 21:39:38

rofl...this thread has just had me in tears of laughter....

urgh at the thought of being a surrogate cat mum and having to lick a kittens butt....shudder....

my Kitten, 9 weeks on monday (I think)...is obviously a Kitten genius, because she already licks her own butt....[brag emoticon]

cheesesarnie Thu 18-Sep-08 21:42:52

show offgrin

FairLadyRantALot Thu 18-Sep-08 21:56:01

where is the [sticking out tongue emoticon] when you need it grin

oggsfrog Thu 18-Sep-08 21:59:23

"one smells of liquorice and the other smells of potatoes but their bums don't smell"

<roffles>

PinkTulips Fri 19-Sep-08 18:50:43

weird but true grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now