Talk

Advanced search

DAP (dog pheromone) diffusers & fireworks - do they work?

(3 Posts)
bella29 Tue 09-Sep-08 09:18:46

I have a 10 yr old dog who is petrified every year by fireworks & have tried the desensitisation CD's before with some success, but I wondered if anyone has tried the DAP diffusers/collars etc for fireworks & if they work?

Thank you!

beautifulgirls Tue 09-Sep-08 11:24:17

They help certainly but there is no one thing that will sort things out immediately sadly. You have done the right thing with the desensitisation cds and I would suggest you just keep working with these repeatedly if you can. Personally I think the DAP collars are the best plan unless you have lots of dogs, as the DAP goes with the dog then, rather than needing diffusers in every room which can be expensive.

Lovesdogsandcats Tue 09-Sep-08 12:42:38

I tried it one year with my dog who was petrified but it didn't work, however vet said that some respond, some don't , so I would try it in addition to oter methods.
I used to get sedatives from the vet, they definately worked, also used to put cotton wool in his ears grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now