Talk

Advanced search

My cat wees on her food bowl

(5 Posts)
bella29 Mon 08-Sep-08 09:39:56

I have 4 cats and one of them has started weeing in the house. I have tried litter trays next to where she wees, making sure the smell's all gone, etc., but she still insists on weeing on her food bowl, empty or not.

She's young (3) and healthy.

Ideas, anyone, please?

penona Mon 08-Sep-08 15:39:10

Are the cats fighting somehow over food time and she is marking her food space? Seems weird to wee in the food bowl. Mine tend to wee on the sofa etc if they are scared or something - somewhere they feel safe. Is it weeing or spraying? (You can tell by how they do it, wee crouching, spray stood up I think).

Feliway always worked for us - spray it whereever they are weeing and it calms them down, makes them less stressed and they stop weeing there. Is from the vet, quite expensive, but cheaper than getting a sofa cleaned. wink

good luck!

fairibell Mon 08-Sep-08 22:23:11

can order it online to from the site 'vet uk' you can google it - also brought it on ebay before in a difuser thing you plug in like an air freshener (Although doenst smell!) we had good success with these!

bella29 Tue 09-Sep-08 09:16:26

Hello - thanks for the advice! I've used a Feliway diffuser before & am popping a refill into it as we speak, so will let you know if that helps. She didn't do it last night so am hoping that maybe it was just a phase wink

girlywhirly Tue 09-Sep-08 16:31:55

She sounds very stressed. Animals will often contaminate food in a bid to prevent others getting it, so it sounds like a lot of competition for food. Try to feed them all in separate places, so that there is no bullying between them. Also, as you have 4 cats, there should be one more litter tray available than the number of cats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now