Talk

Advanced search

my dog is being wierd

(7 Posts)
DisasterArea Sun 07-Sep-08 14:58:01

keeps trying to sit on my lap. wouldn't matter but is large collie. never been allowed on the sofa or laps and never even tried (although i know he sleeps on the sofa when we're out but he always pretends he hasn't). is a bit strange - seems o.k apart from needing to be cuddled. is hairy.

wigparty Sun 07-Sep-08 18:12:55

Does he seem okay otherwise? It is odd if he never usually does it/ isn't allowed.

Might he have heard fireworks or something similar. They get going round where we are stupidly early in the year...

Otherwise, erm, he loves you very much and wants to show you ? grin

Threadwworm Sun 07-Sep-08 18:14:17

Perhaps there is thunder in distance and he is scared. Collies have very acute hearing.

DisasterArea Sun 07-Sep-08 18:20:49

he just loves me. even though i cna't spell weird. can't hear any fireworks/thunder but the i'm not a collie. oh the hair.

ahundredtimes Sun 07-Sep-08 18:22:05

Does he not normally do this?

My dog is weird too at the minute. DH thinks he's depressed.

DisasterArea Sun 07-Sep-08 18:31:41

he is affectionate but dosen't try to climb onto laps. he is at the moment tucked under my desk on my feet. weird but cute. and hairy

wigparty Sun 07-Sep-08 18:42:41

It sounds like something he heard freaked him out - thunder/fireworks/jets?

Ours has a total nightmare every time the smoke alarm beeps when the battery's low. You have to go hunt him out and he's usually cowering under a table sad

(I'm constantly covered in dog hair. I can't remember what is was like not to be!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now