Talk

Advanced search

Dog bedding... type of and cleaning of

(9 Posts)
tigana Fri 05-Sep-08 21:34:30

We have 2 dogs. One has long wooly fur, the other short, more wiry fur. Both types are brilliant and weaving themsleves into fabric and resisting bashing/washing...to the extent that I am about to bin another load of bedding as beyond saving.
So, what type of bedding do you use for your dog(s) and how often do you wash it?

tigana Fri 05-Sep-08 21:36:57

brilliant at weaving themselves
hmm

tortoise Fri 05-Sep-08 21:40:56

I have a greyhound and he has a duvet with an old cover on. I wash it about once a month. I can either just wash the cover or chuck the whole thing in if it is likely to dry outside.

He tends to take over the sofa quite often though! grin

GrimmaTheNome Fri 05-Sep-08 21:42:40

mine has short hair so I dont have too much of a problem. We have a blanket or towel over the matress bit so that doesn't need washing often. The blanket is an old fleece cot blanket... the hair dosnt all come off it but does it matter if it is now clean hair? Maybe you could make a more washable, less hair-attracting cover out of a pillowslip or an old sheet (depending on size, a pillowslip would do ours nicely if I
ever felt the need)

sullysmum Fri 05-Sep-08 23:07:26

I use a duvets with covers on, in my girls beds with a blanket on the top to snuggle in.I have long coat and smoothcoats.

SubRosa Sat 06-Sep-08 10:23:47

Our very wiry patterdale likes to curl up on old fleece blankets. I usually wash the blanket once a week or once a fortnight, depending on how grubby she is.

bella29 Sat 06-Sep-08 10:36:26

I use vetbeds and just throw them in the washing machine as and when needed.

babyinbelly Sat 06-Sep-08 10:40:57

I use vetbeds too. Hoover them when on the floor. Chuck in wash when they smell.

If you want all hairs off try using a slickerbrush on them. This also brings the fluffiness back!

MamaChris Sat 06-Sep-08 10:44:10

another vote for duvet + cover. wash cover + dog (short hair, moults lots) every fortnight, and duvet less often. hairs can be shaken off most duvet covers if nice and smooth

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: